all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell HARD! (Geoff Neupert)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The one thing I did notice about chains is you have more difficulty getting into a groove vs complexes .

I went ahead and bought the program. In the intro he states that HARD! is an updated and revised version of More KB Muscle. I don't have the original version of MKM, so I am pleased. I had listened to an interview of Geoff on a podcast, and they wore joking around about coming out with a "Most KB Muscle". I was looking forward to that. Anyways, all of the complexes now have a weight selection and 3 levels of difficulty: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. When comparing The Wolf in HARD! vs free version from MKM, MKM's version is the advanced difficulty in the HARD! version. Overall I am happy with my purchase since I didn't have the original MKM. It also reminds me a lot of the writings in Wendler's 5/3/1 Forever, in which I am a huge fan of.
When you say different levels, how is that noticeable? Can you give an example?

I haven't had a chance to read over all the emails yet, so does this follow the Giant or comes before? Who is it aimed at? One bell or just two?
It follows 'THE GIANT.'

You can also alternate between the two. Of course, you'll need heavier KBs for your next round of 'THE GIANT.'

It's designed to be double KB. However, you can use singles.

I went ahead and bought the program. In the intro he states that HARD! is an updated and revised version of More KB Muscle. I don't have the original version of MKM, so I am pleased. I had listened to an interview of Geoff on a podcast, and they wore joking around about coming out with a "Most KB Muscle". I was looking forward to that. Anyways, all of the complexes now have a weight selection and 3 levels of difficulty: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. When comparing The Wolf in HARD! vs free version from MKM, MKM's version is the advanced difficulty in the HARD! version. Overall I am happy with my purchase since I didn't have the original MKM. It also reminds me a lot of the writings in Wendler's 5/3/1 Forever, in which I am a huge fan of.
Thank you for the review, @kitsu!

Also, in Kettlebell HARD!, I listed out all the Chains for each program, so you no longer have to figure that out yourself.

Regarding the 3 levels of difficulty: Now you have a clear path to go from "Hard" --> "Harder" --> "Hardest," if you like that sort of challenge.

Hope that helps give some more insight

Based on everyone's reviews so far I went ahead and bought the package, and I'm glad I did. I probably won't get around to actually running anything from it until after the new year, as I'm currently fully scheduled (assuming progress continues) through the end of this year. I really appreciate the extra work that went into this release. As I had the free edition of The Wolf that @Geoff Neupert put out a few years ago, I can compare that to the updated version in this release. Much more information and guidance about how to run the complexes and chains.

Press 10RM for KBM....and with respect to that even Geoff posted on another forum years back make it a comfortable 10 reps you could get even with a hangover or words to that effect!
So that means double 16s for me I think! I know, not that strong yet but I am doing my best and improving gradually over time...

Curious what bolt on and hybrid burn extreme look like.

I did a DIY hybrid a few years back since one gym was closed and was on kettlebell burn extreme so did grind day with a barbell

Curious what bolt on and hybrid burn extreme look like.

I did a DIY hybrid a few years back since one gym was closed and was on kettlebell burn extreme so did grind day with a barbell
I bought KB HARD! and it looks amazing! I would suggest it even to those who have bought MKM because of the new bonuses (BB bolt on and hybrid extreme) and the new rest periods based on the experience level!
BB bolt on: shows you how to combine BBs and KBs not only for KB HARD! but also for KB training in general. Without giving away too much, it provides ways combine powerlifts with the program which in my opinion is pure gold. Anyone can say "I 'll do 5X5 and then KBs" but it doesn't work that way due to overtraining issues.
Hybrid extreme: it looks as grueling as it sounds! But great and simple at the same time. It is a series of 6 weeks programs with 6 days of training and one day off where you essentially cycle between a BB day and a KB day carefully crafted not to fry you out!
Again, the basic point is that everyone thinks he knows how to combine staff until the program fails. Geoff provides very well thought programs combining BBs and KBs, which is pure gold. Also hybrid extreme is a separate program and has nothing to do with HARD!. If you want to combine HARD with BBs you have to check the bolt on bonus.
Hope that helps ?

I went ahead and bought it. I'm a little confused - what has been changed from the complexes in MKM? - besides Geoff adding some longer rest intervals for beginners (and writing out the chains for people too dumb to do it themselves).
Don't get me wrong, I love Geoff's programs. I will be running the Olympic 3.0 with some 28s, starting with the intermediate rest intervals then advanced intervals - but that is mainly to give myself the comfort of not having wasted 47USD on a list of complexes that is already available on the net for free.
There was mention of some Cuban Weightlifting Method - but is does that just involve working up from longer rest times? I mean, I was at least expecting some type of multiple-complex structure to allow for long term progressive overload. But it's the same list with the same text as MKM. Am I missing something here?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom