all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell snatch and clean and jerk program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Simply strong

Level 4 Valued Member
Ive been doing a lot of snatches lately and really like the conditioning and power results. Specifically I’ve been following the A+A but with snatches.

Once I’ve finished the A+A plan i was thinking to add in some clean and jerks with one bell (I read a great article on martial conditioning). So I was thinking to do 5 days a week of...

5 min snatches - doing 1 to 10 reps every 30 seconds in a wave cycle up to ten (aka 10 reps being a 5 min snatch test). Alternating between an easy day and a hard day (wave cycle applying to hard days).
5 min rest
10 min clean and jerks - 1 to 5 reps (p/arm) every 60 seconds, adding reps to specific minutes. Alternate between an easy and a hard day (easy being 2 reps p/arm x 10 min and a hard day being progressively harder by adding minutes).

Eg a typical week might look like...
Monday, snatch (easy) 3 reps every 30s x 5 min, 5 min rest, C&J (hard) Min 1-10; 2,2,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,4 reps.
Tuesday, snatch (hard) 5 reps every 30s x 5 min, 5 min rest, C&J (easy) Min 1-10; 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 reps.
Wednesday, snatch (easy) 3 reps every 30s x 5 min, 5 min rest, C&J (hard), Min 1-10; 2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,4 reps.
Thursday, snatch (hard) 6 reps every 30s x 5 min, 5 min rest, C&J (easy), Min 1-10; 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 reps.
Friday, snatch (easy) 3 reps every 30s x 5 min, 5 min rest, C&J (hard), Min 1-10; 2,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4 reps.
Etc.
Followed by a variety of assistance work; pull ups, push ups, squats, deadlifts, planks, farmers carries, get ups etc. Doing different exercises on different days.

Perhaps adding a deload week every 4 weeks where i do easy days on everything for the full week.

Any suggestions for improvements would be appreciated.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom