all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell STRONG (Neupert)

I think I’ve been lazy with the drop, and annoying my elbows. I focussed today on actively throwing the bells down and think it feels better. Always learning. 2:15 and next session I’ll drop to 2:05

I saw a new physio today for my elbow. I’d say my elbow tendinitis is well and truly manageable, considering the volume I’m doing, but I want to really get rid of the minor issue.

She was quite happy with my mobility and gave me some different exercises than I usually get, so I’m keen to see how they go.

All good to continue, will probably wait til Monday to get back to phase 3 ( I got some crazy dry needling), but pretty happy.

Will also look at some targeted forearm strengthening, as I’ve never really done any and probably should. Can’t hurt I guess

I saw a new physio today for my elbow. I’d say my elbow tendinitis is well and truly manageable, considering the volume I’m doing, but I want to really get rid of the minor issue.

She was quite happy with my mobility and gave me some different exercises than I usually get, so I’m keen to see how they go.

All good to continue, will probably wait til Monday to get back to phase 3 ( I got some crazy dry needling), but pretty happy.

Will also look at some targeted forearm strengthening, as I’ve never really done any and probably should. Can’t hurt I guess
I find getting the point of your opposite elbow or your fingers in and giving the offending areas a bit of tough love helps as well when I have similar niggles, but see how you go.

I find getting the point of your opposite elbow or your fingers in and giving the offending areas a bit of tough love helps as well when I have similar niggles, but see how you go.
I think I’ve done every stretch and trick known to man for elbow tendinitis over the years haha. My rest between sets always consists of at least 30s of rolling my forearm with a softball which, ironically, isn’t soft at all.

Im gonna start the Strong program but i only have 2 bells that i can press for a max of 10 repetions. What phase would would recommend?

I missed Wednesday Friday this week just gone due to some crazy work days and elbow issues, and today i had to go untimed. Elbow is fine I can work around it.

I need to bring my conditioning up, maybe on my Wednesday ? My work capacity is good but I need to get my recovery time down.

Or, maybe I just do timed sets on Monday and Friday, and go untimed on Wednesday? I may try that first.

Im definitely back to only twice a week for phase 3, Mon and Fri. I need the few days rest between definitely. Had to stop today, jacked up my neck on set 2!, with only a days rest between last session. Whatever I end up doing on Wednesday, won’t be much

It is tough, I’ll probably stick to untimed for a few weeks and just try to adapt to the volume naturally before pushing it.

Okay, so far this year I have run “GIANT 3.0” and “SLOW AND STEADY” w/24’s. Today I started STRONG the 8 week version using 28’s this will take me into my 66th birthday. Hopefully I can complete it.

Enjoy that this thread continues, thanks.

I’m really in a rut with my programming and it sucks… I was doing STRONG with 2x28 but felt the workouts were too short for 3 times a week etc. I have just started K Boges style programming of a push/pull/squat for 2-3 circuits everyday. However I keep looking back at my log for STRONG and feel guilty for not following through …

I’m really in a rut with my programming and it sucks… I was doing STRONG with 2x28 but felt the workouts were too short for 3 times a week etc. I have just started K Boges style programming of a push/pull/squat for 2-3 circuits everyday. However I keep looking back at my log for STRONG and feel guilty for not following through …

Strong is mentally tough imho. It’s a long haul, and especially if you’re a bit stiff/tight etc it can be hard to back up week to week, session to session. But it’s worth it.

I had to pause phase 2, the higher volume pissed off my elbow/shoulder. Realistically, i probably needed to take care of them better, and once I sorted it out, it was much better.

Currently have some minor issue with my other shoulder, but, I’m sorting it out and I’m just paused til it’s better. Late next week I should be back into it.

I often end up only doing 2 sessions a week, and still make progress.

When you finish off a phase though, it’s a great feeling. Totally worth it.

I’m honedlt
Strong is mentally tough imho. It’s a long haul, and especially if you’re a bit stiff/tight etc it can be hard to back up week to week, session to session. But it’s worth it.

I had to pause phase 2, the higher volume pissed off my elbow/shoulder. Realistically, i probably needed to take care of them better, and once I sorted it out, it was much better.

Currently have some minor issue with my other shoulder, but, I’m sorting it out and I’m just paused til it’s better. Late next week I should be back into it.

I often end up only doing 2 sessions a week, and still make progress.

When you finish off a phase though, it’s a great feeling. Totally worth it.
I’m honestly finding the opposite.. I was a bit disappointed with my results from the 2x24 and I was hoping for some hypertrophy but honestly saw none… and this time round I feel similar. About a week away from phase 1 and I’m still struggling to increase my reps with 2x28kg. Maybe I’m doing something wrong I don’t know but I’m having to do push press atm to get through 9x3

I’m honedlt

I’m honestly finding the opposite.. I was a bit disappointed with my results from the 2x24 and I was hoping for some hypertrophy but honestly saw none… and this time round I feel similar. About a week away from phase 1 and I’m still struggling to increase my reps with 2x28kg. Maybe I’m doing something wrong I don’t know but I’m having to do push press atm to get through 9x3
I think push press when you’re struggling is fine. I actually started Strong by push pressing for a few weeks and then I was able to strict press. It won’t hurt your progress

My other strategy to progress to eat lots more daily calories for 2 weeks. When I eat a lot, progress happens fast. It’s not great long term but short term I find it helps

Just keep going, you will get there

While I’m getting my shoulder sorted, I got Alex’s salkins new book. It’s got some great tips. I have completely neglected direct upper back work and I honestly think adding some direct upper back work will help my C&P. Probably help my cranky elbows as well. I think by Friday I should be ready to C&P again.

While I’m getting my shoulder sorted, I got Alex’s salkins new book. It’s got some great tips. I have completely neglected direct upper back work and I honestly think adding some direct upper back work will help my C&P. Probably help my cranky elbows as well. I think by Friday I should be ready to C&P again.
Do you do any pull ups or dead hangs? That seems to help my elbows from complaining.

Back
Top Bottom