all posts post new thread

Kettlebell LCCJ + isolation work = pressing strength?

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
I am currently training LCCJs twice per week, with some presses (Even Easier Strength) 4x per week. I enjoy my LCCJ training and just want some park bench grind training alongside it, maintaining or even building my press.

Recently, I was thinking of adding a third LCCJ day. However, with more overhead volume, I consider replacing some of my presses with direct muscle work (Skull Crushers, for example), as LCCJs already train the rack and lockout.

KBSF LCCJs , 3x per week (one session lighter or shorter)
2x per week Even Easier Strength press practice
2-3x per week direct triceps work
(I am also doing about two Z1/Z2 sessions per week.)

What do you think about this set-up? I am sure someone must have tried something similar.

I’ve been doing the KBSF first plan with doubles using push press. Felt good yesterday and easily pressed my new single bell PR with plenty of room to spare. I’m thinking the LCCJ should also really build your MP

Seems like a lot for shoulders (if you are doing all that on separate days). Fwiw, jerks never did anything to help my press numbers.
Yeah, that's both what drove me to starting this thread.

Presses are rather easy + I do them before autoregulated LCCJ sessions, so I usually stop when my front delts start to fatigue. This way, it seems to be working fine.

I might run that triceps work experiment.

Thanks @korcun for the benching article. I could try diamond pushups or something similar.

Thanks @PaulAllen. Push presses sound like a good idea for an inbetween cycle.

I am currently training LCCJs twice per week, with some presses (Even Easier Strength) 4x per week. I enjoy my LCCJ training and just want some park bench grind training alongside it, maintaining or even building my press.

Recently, I was thinking of adding a third LCCJ day. However, with more overhead volume, I consider replacing some of my presses with direct muscle work (Skull Crushers, for example), as LCCJs already train the rack and lockout.

KBSF LCCJs , 3x per week (one session lighter or shorter)
2x per week Even Easier Strength press practice
2-3x per week direct triceps work
(I am also doing about two Z1/Z2 sessions per week.)

What do you think about this set-up? I am sure someone must have tried something similar.
It depends on your sticking point.

I get a small carryover from push presses provided I use a slower negative..

Jerks, not so much

Dips would do far more for the overhead press, but they might not be sustainable with the ES press and the LC work.

Back
Top Bottom