01:00 7
01:30 7
(Rest 2:00-3:00, repeat 4x)
112 snatches in 12 minutes.

PTP Deadlift 345x5/305x5
2x1 getups 24kg
Ab wheel 2x5
2x5 ring dips
Carry something I don't know what. Probably big bags of dirt and plants for my wife. I planted 7 trees Sunday and Monday and slept really good last night.

Walk/stretch
As I went through the last week or so of your log I realized what program you are doing. I'm planning on starting that in about 2-3 weeks. I'm looking forward to it!

As I went through the last week or so of your log I realized what program you are doing. I'm planning on starting that in about 2-3 weeks. I'm looking forward to it!
Cool, I had attached a link to get the full program free from @Catherine Buck Le website. I've really enjoyed the A+A style training and feel like I'm in pretty good shape from it. Some days I went heavier in weight than it programmed but that was because of having had some experience with other weights over the past years. I pretty much followed the program to the T except I typically don't warm up much other than hanging from a pull up bar and sitting in a goblet squat. And I felt like having two 2-minute snatch test for my elbows was a bit much so I usually just listened to my body on those and kept them down to 1x per week. But all in all the way it built up and tapered back down was very manageable seeing that my sleep and nutrition are good which are usually a top priority for me as well as being hydrated. Good luck, I hope you get some good results!

And thank you to @Catherine Buck Le for this awesome snatch program. Hoping to bring back some good results from this weekend at the Dome of Strength!

Last edited:
Cool, I had attached a link to get the full program free from @Catherine Buck Le website. I've really enjoyed the A+A style training and feel like I'm in pretty good shape from it. Some days I went heavier in weight than it programmed but that was because of having had some experience with other weights over the past years. I pretty much followed the program to the T except I typically don't warm up much other than hanging from a pull up bar and sitting in a goblet squat. And I felt like having two 2-minute snatch test for my elbows was a bit much so I usually just listened to my body on those and kept them down to 1x per week. But all in all the way it built up and tapered back down was very manageable seeing that my sleep and nutrition are good which are usually a top priority for me as well as being hydrated. Good luck, I hope you get some good results!

And thank you to @Catherine Buck Le for this awesome snatch program. Hoping to bring back some good results from this weekend at the Dome of Strength!

Hi @Luis T. Gonzalez - I'm so glad the snatch test training plan was helpful! Sounds like you absolutely crushed your training!
Have an amazing time at The Dome SFG2 this weekend! Wish I could be there!
You're going to do awesome / have fun / meet strong people / learn lots. (y)
Keep up the strong work! Thanks again!
Cat

Hi @Luis T. Gonzalez - I'm so glad the snatch test training plan was helpful! Sounds like you absolutely crushed your training!
Cat
Thank you! I will do my best!

Cat
Well I would say the snatch test plan worked. I was able to pass the snatch test and 1/2 bw press this morning. Thank you again for that plan. I’d say it works!

Monday, April 29.

Working on some mobility and stretching. I’m a little sore from the weekend but not too bad at all. I had a really good time and had an awesome time working with a coach the entire weekend who I got to learn from. It was really eye opening working with someone who has the type of conditioning I aspire to have. Just for reference, he had a sub 4:00 snatch test with 28kg and recently completed the SSST a few weeks ago with 237 reps in 10 minutes. It was really cool to see that type of work being down. I was able to get some personal corrections to the balance of my foot, loading into my hinge, some bracing, and to work more on driving with my legs on a push press. I will definitely get a lot more practice on the push press over the next few months preparing for the strongman competition in August. I’m happy to have the level 1 &2 certifications in the books. It really is a chapter in the books where I feel like a whole new world of strength and overall fitness is opened up for me. I feel excited about the journey ahead and truly believe that approaching my goals through the lens of the Strong first perspective is a very solid way. And like I was just reading in my SFG 2 manual, What will you be able to do when you are 70? I turn 38 on Thursday and look forward to dialing back my training a little for this week and pick back up next week for the next phase of development. Never hurts to be Strong First!

Last edited:
. Just for reference, he had a sub 4:00 snatch test with 28kg and recently completed the SSST a few weeks ago with 237 reps in 10 minutes.
That's incredible. When I did my SFG1 I was partnered with a guy (Rich) who had worked with Louie, and after he did his snatch test with a 24kg (unbroken of course) he then did another one with a 28kg in the background because ... reasons.

That's incredible. When I did my SFG1 I was partnered with a guy (Rich) who had worked with Louie, and after he did his snatch test with a 24kg (unbroken of course) he then did another one with a 28kg in the background because ... reasons.
That may be the same Rich I worked with.

Monday, April 29.

Working on some mobility and stretching. I’m a little sore from the weekend but not too bad at all. I had a really good time and had an awesome time working with a coach the entire weekend who I got to learn from. It was really eye opening working with someone who has the type of conditioning I aspire to have. Just for reference, he had a sub 4:00 snatch test with 28kg and recently completed the SSST a few weeks ago with 237 reps in 10 minutes. It was really cool to see that type of work being down. I was able to get some personal corrections to the balance of my foot, loading into my hinge, some bracing, and to work more on driving with my legs on a push press. I will definitely get a lot more practice on the push press over the next few months preparing for the strongman competition in August. I’m happy to have the level 1 &2 certifications in the books. It really is a chapter in the books where I feel like a whole new world of strength and overall fitness is opened up for me. I feel excited about the journey ahead and truly believe that approaching my goals through the lens of the Strong first perspective is a very solid way. And like I was just reading in my SFG 2 manual, What will you be able to do when you are 70? I turn 38 on Thursday and look forward to dialing back my training a little for this week and pick back up next week for the next phase of development. Never hurts to be Strong First!
Congrats on the great weekend! That was some solid work!

What's the strongman meet looking like?

Congrats on the great weekend! That was some solid work!

What's the strongman meet looking like?
Thank you! The meet is August 3. The five events are Axle deadlift and press both events for reps. There is a keg over bar, Hercules hold, and 35’ Zercher yoke carry for fastest time. I’m not too worried about. It’s going to be nice to focus on getting stronger under the bar while mixing in some kettlebells and such. I think my plan is going to do something like easy strength. That way I will basically do the deadlift and press daily and some form of carry every day, maybe sandbag over bar once per week, with some a wheel stuff or dips. I just plan to keep it super simple and see what I can do come time for the competition.

Back
Top Bottom