all posts post new thread

Luis’ Training Log

Wednesday, April 3.

ROP Heavy Day
5(1,2,3) 44kg
*I was able to get 4(1,2,3)44kg, got tired did the last (1,2,3) with 40kg.

PTP Deadlift 340x5/305x5

*I will probably step-load this weight. Getting used to the axle bar is different. Given the zero flex in the bar, I noticed I need to maximally contract my lats and core even more, and focus on pushing hard into the ground. 340 on the axle felt way harder than on a power bar.
Walk/Stretch

Last edited:
Wednesday, April 3.

ROP Heavy Day
5(1,2,3) 44kg
*I was able to get 4(1,2,3)44kg, got tired did the last (1,2,3) with 40kg.

PTP Deadlift 340x5/305x5

*I will probably step-load this weight. Getting used to the axle bar is different. Given the zero flex in the bar, I noticed I need to maximally contract my lats and core even more, and focus on pushing hard into the ground. 340 on the axle felt way harder than on a power bar.
Walk/Stretch
Very impressive, I was proud when i got through ROP with the 32k! Are you running the new ROP Heavy option or classic?

Very impressive, I was proud when i got through ROP with the 32k! Are you running the new ROP Heavy option or classic?
Thanks, I am doing classic. I have always cycled through ROP heavier than recommended. It seems to work pretty well. My 3 rep max to start was 44kg. So I planned to do as many (1,2,3) as I can get away with to boost my strength then by week 4 attempt 44kg for 4 reps and attempt it for 5 reps in week 5. Not scientific just feeling my way through each session. I have completed ROP twice before with 40kg successfully and made the 1/2 bodyweight press so I wanted to see how I could go through with 44kg. When I get tired I just take a longer rest and if I need to, I'll rep out 40kg I know if I'm putting out reps with 36, 40, or 44, then I am in a good spot to manhandle the beast in a few weeks. I always thought there is enough (1,2,3)'s programmed in on the way up to 4's and 5's, why not use that to fuel some gains. My coach didn't seem to have any problem with it so I guess it's alright.

Thanks, I am doing classic. I have always cycled through ROP heavier than recommended. It seems to work pretty well. My 3 rep max to start was 44kg. So I planned to do as many (1,2,3) as I can get away with to boost my strength then by week 4 attempt 44kg for 4 reps and attempt it for 5 reps in week 5. Not scientific just feeling my way through each session. I have completed ROP twice before with 40kg successfully and made the 1/2 bodyweight press so I wanted to see how I could go through with 44kg. When I get tired I just take a longer rest and if I need to, I'll rep out 40kg I know if I'm putting out reps with 36, 40, or 44, then I am in a good spot to manhandle the beast in a few weeks. I always thought there is enough (1,2,3)'s programmed in on the way up to 4's and 5's, why not use that to fuel some gains. My coach didn't seem to have any problem with it so I guess it's alright.
Right on. Ya, my heavy days would turn i to an all day affair. Take big breaks and do chores around the house, really helped me.

IMG_0682.jpeg
The 56kg came. The scary thing is it makes my 32 look like a 16 and the 48 looks like a 40kg compared to it. As usually, when I begin pressing on Rite of Passage I begin accidentally breaking things. I went to pull an egg out of the carton the other day and broke the shell without trying to squeeze too hard.

Monday April 8.

ROP heavy

I’m off on Monday so if I feel good I may turn this day into a heavy day.

5(1,2,3,4) If I feel strong I will press 44kg 4x. But the other four ladders 40 kg will be used for 4’s.

Edit*
I got 44kg for four reps on two of the ladders. I used 44kg for quite a bit of the rungs but towards the end, I switched primarily over to 40kg. Tough but I did it and soaked in the hot tub immediately afterward to get some jets on my back.

Heavy Swings 30 minutes 6 OTM. Today I mixed in some 40kg and 36kg swings. I got six sets of one-arm swings with 40kg. Those got my heart pumping a lot more than the 36. My back is stronger along with my grip. The 40 never felt like it was pulling me out of position.

Last edited:
Tuesday, April 9.

Variety day.
Deadlift warm up:

Heavy 2H Swings. Weight ladder
(40kg*5, 44kg*5, 48kg*5, 56kg*5) x 2= 40 swings. This warm up really helped me deadlift much better.

Axle deadlift 340x5/305x5
Ring dips 2x5
Pull-ups (1,2,3,4)
Ab wheel 2x5
Single arm farmer carry 100m left/right hand

I decided to take an extra day to recover from yesterday’s swings. So I will do my snatch density day when I can be fresh for it.

Walk/Stretch

Last edited:
Wednesday, April 10.

Warm up:
See Saw Press, Double 28x5
push presses 48kg (1,2)

ROP Light 5(1,2) 44kg

I was feeling a bit tight and sore today so I did a couple sets of halos and prying goblet before snatching. Did some light hamstring and hip flexor stretches too.

Snatch density 24kg
00:00 8
00:30 8
01:00 8
01:30 8
Rest 02:00-03:00 x4 repeats
12 minutes total 128 snatches

*I performed about 20 hand to hand swings after snatches, a few each minute and walked around fast and loose to let my heart rate come back down.
Walk/stretch

Last edited:
Friday, April 12.

Morning

ROP Medium 5(1,2,3) 44kg/40kg
Today I performed 4(1,2,3) 40kg & 1(1,2,3) 44kg
*I plan to press throughout the day today to get all the sets in.
Evening
Heavy Snatches 5OTM 32kg for 28 minutes.
140 total snatches

Rest Saturday and Sunday. Monday begins the heaviest Pressing Week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom