all posts post new thread

Luis’ Training Log

That’s what I was going for. That was 10 minutes in and never felt my power drop. I’m really liking A+A training.
I have the same. At first I though when I read about it, I could not believe it could work. But since I gave it a longer try it has a very positive outcome for my running too (average speed and endurance).

So I am a believer too, although I still like the VWC protocol still once in a while.

I have the same. At first I though when I read about it, I could not believe it could work. But since I gave it a longer try it has a very positive outcome for my running too (average speed and endurance).

So I am a believer too, although I still like the VWC protocol still once in a while.
I’ve never tried it yet but I do have the book. It seems intense.

Where can I find out more about A+A? Is there a book or article on it? My searches didn't return anything.

Pictured in this article is Harald Motz. He posted something in a thread before with a lot of question and answer with A+A training. He mixed in Q&D snatches. An approach that was recommended in Axe is to rotate 6 weeks of Axe with 6 weeks of Q&D. I also have Speed Metal with programs a lot of A+A for snatches. The is also another program called build the engine that uses A+A on the Rogue Echo type bikes. It seems like it’s good although I haven’t tried it yet but seems like a decent way to give your joints a rest from time to time from all the kettlebell stuff.

Last edited:
Tuesday, April 16.

Variety day

Snatch Density 24kg
00:00 (7reps)
00:30 7
01:00 7
01:30 7
(Rest 2:00-3:00, repeat 4x)
112 snatches in 12 minutes.

PTP Deadlift 345x5/305x5
2x1 getups 24kg
Ab wheel 2x5
2x5 ring dips
Carry something I don't know what. Probably big bags of dirt and plants for my wife. I planted 7 trees Sunday and Monday and slept really good last night.

Walk/stretch

Last edited:
Thursday, April 14.

Variety day

2 minute snatch test 24kg
I was feeling really good so I went beyond 2 minutes because if a little pain is good why not a little more. Performed 73 snatches@ 24kg.

Heavy snatches 5 OTM 32kg*20 minutes
100 total (After performing the additional snatches right before Heavy snatching, I hit a stop sign at 20 minutes and stopped the session.) I had originally planned for 24 minutes of heavy snatches.

SFG 2 light practice

Stretch

Last edited:
Friday continued....

Heavy day complete. 5(1,2,3,4,5) 40kg

It is a tiring day and I think its been about 3 years since I have completed ROP with 40kg. This is the first time I didn't need to utilize any rest pauses. Now I look forward to a good ice bath some time this weekend, well no I don't look forward to it but its probably a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom