all posts post new thread

Luis’ Training Log

Saturdays Training…

I was able to press:
44kg 2(1,2,3), 40kg(1,2), 44x3 for the final set.

I skipped the 2:00 snatch test for today.

Performed all planned swings 36kg 6 reps/minute*24minutes for 144 1A sw.

Stretch and hot tub tonight. Probably about due for an ice bath too but not mentally ready for it just yet. It’s been a few months since I did one but it’s getting there.

Monday, March 25.

Snatch density training 24kg:

6 reps 00:00, 00:30, 01:00, 01:30
Rest remainder of the minute plus one more minute. 5 rounds= 120 snatch in 15 minutes. Started using double breathing during the 2nd round. Tough but repeatable. Walk/jog after snatching to let the heart rate come back down.

ROP light day

44kg 1arm kb military press; 4 singles
4 pull ups

Last edited:
Monday, March 25.

Snatch density training 24kg:

6 reps 00:00, 00:30, 01:00, 01:30
Rest remainder of the minute plus one more minute. 5 rounds= 120 snatch in 15 minutes.

ROP light day

44kg 1arm kb military press; 4 singles
I like this idea. Do I get it correct that one "round" takes 3 minutes? (4 x 6 snatches every 30 secs and a minute of extra rest). Did you change arm every 30 secs? Or more like Q&D, 6 reps same arm every 30 secs?

I like this idea. Do I get it correct that one "round" takes 3 minutes? (4 x 6 snatches every 30 secs and a minute of extra rest). Did you change arm every 30 secs? Or more like Q&D, 6 reps same arm every 30 secs?
Correct

6 reps every :30 for two minutes rest the remainder of the minute plus one additional minute, so 1 round is 3 minutes. Snatches go in this sequence. Left 00:00, Left 00:30, Right 01:00, Right 01:30, rest and repeat. I believe this is the Q&D 044C. At least that is what Derek Toshner had told me before. It is part of strong endurance protocols. Over the next couple weeks the time will go down and the reps build to 8/:30 seconds, then go back down again at the end of the cycle.

Here is the link to the snatch test plan. I received it from StrongFirst Elite Catherine Buck le. One of the tabs has 6 week snatch test plan on it and is free to download.

Last edited:
Wednesday, March 27.

10 minute hot tub soak+1 min cold shower. 20 minute brisk morning walk.

ROP Medium

Push press 3x3 48kg kettlebell; 44kg 4(1,2)
Coach told me to start adding some 48kg push presses on press days. So I will do some push presses.

Snatch Heavy
2-minute snatch test: (goal is 48) I was able to get 45 fairly easily today. Focusing on getting them in with 30-60% power. “Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.”
32kg 5 reps OTM*16 minutes=80 reps Felt easy!

Walk/jog afterward to let my heart rate go back down.

Last edited:
Friday, March 29.

Coaching session in the a.m. 1 hour
Worked on some double bell stuff, checked all my lifts and said they were good.
Windmills
Just made a minor foot adjustment on windmills and was advised to move my hips around a bit before windmills and bent pressing to not force the movement into a tight spot. (Find where I will have access to move.) Depending on the lifting I have been doing my body may be tight in some spots than on another day.
Bent press I was given the tip to spread the floor with my feet while bent pressing. Seems to help open the hips up more and bring a better structure to press from.
Jerks
He said my jerks looked really good but for demonstration purposes to slow it down to allow the person watching really see everything. Everything else is good. Going to add in a few 48kg push presses on press days to get some “time under tension” and see if week by week I can press it up with less and less leg drive.

Today Rop Heavy day

4(1,2,3) 44kg Have stuff to put together outside so I’m going to set the bell close by and do the presses throughout the day.

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpeg
    IMG_0656.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom