all posts post new thread

Luis’ Training Log

Monday, February 26.

70 degree weather and getting a head start on clearing brush in the back yard. We plan on having a pole barn put into our backyard so I’m clearing the way with my chainsaw today before the poison gets bad.

This week and next week are “easy” weeks before I dedicate 6 week snatch and press test for the SFG 2. Next week we are going to Chicago to see Zach Bryan in concert so just going to enjoy. My biggest goal is to make it to the certification weekend without any overuse aches and pains so I can “enjoy” the weekend.

Monday, February 26.

70 degree weather and getting a head start on clearing brush in the back yard. We plan on having a pole barn put into our backyard so I’m clearing the way with my chainsaw today before the poison gets bad.

This week and next week are “easy” weeks before I dedicate 6 week snatch and press test for the SFG 2. Next week we are going to Chicago to see Zach Bryan in concert so just going to enjoy. My biggest goal is to make it to the certification weekend without any overuse aches and pains so I can “enjoy” the weekend.
How far from the goals are you right now?

Tuesday, February 27.

Q&D 044 (28kg 100 reps) 10/2 & 5/4 Alternating series (Was able to get 98 before I felt my power slow, performed 99 as I could tell 100 was going to be a subpar rep as far as max power is concerned.)

30 minute walk

Double kb Military Press (5,3,2)*2 (28kg, 36kg, 40kg)
Superset (press then immediately squat)
Double kb front squat (5,3,2)*2 (28kg, 36kg, 40kg)

Last edited:
Thursday, February 29th.

Morning:

Did some 24 kg carries. (Suitase carry, rack carry to waiter walk)*2

Carried in each position until I started to feel a slight muscle burn, sat the bell down, shook it out and cleaned to the rack and either pressed or jerked the bell overhead.

I'm just having a week where I do what I feel like since it's been a while since I just had a sheer random training week.

Later, I might do some barbell push jerks and kb bent presses. or nothing at all. My son has an ochestra performance later so it just depends on how I feel when we get home.

Saturday, March 2.

Found a whole bunch of good double kb lccj programming in Kettlebell Express Ultra I had bought a while back.

Long cycle clean + jerk (Double 28kg)

(2,4,6) ladders as many as I can in 20 minutes

Made it about 18:30.

(2,4,6), (2,4,6), (2,4,5), (2,4) my arms became fatigued on the last set and decided to call it. Holy smokes those are hard! 41 total reps.

Last edited:
Thursday, March 7.

Morning: 1A KB Pressing ladders 24kg (5,4,3,2,1)*2 + (2,3,5,10)*2 (Total reps 70)

Evening: 1A Swings 10x10 OTM 32kg Finished @ 10:15. Been a while since I did OTM with one arm swings. Felt light after doing quite a bit of snatching with it last year. Still got me winded though.

Last edited:
Friday, March 8.

Last day of Q&D Training. 6 weeks flew by!

Doing "Victor" protocol I think Plan 015. I feel like blowing some dust off my 48kg.

(100) 2H Swings +(100) push-ups 10x10 of each 00:00 swing, 01:30 push-ups, 03:00 Swing, 04:30 push-ups, etc.
Stretch

Next week is a de-load week. I want to give my body a rest before the last 6 weeks until the Cert weekend. My day 2 and 3 training will include 2:00 snatch test training before swinging or snatching. My goal by week 4 is to be able to get 60 snatches with 24kg in 2:00 without setting the bell down. The last time I did a 2:00 snatch test I could fairly easily get 48 or 50 in 2:00.

In the first week I plan to start with 12L+12R*2=48 reps. Each week I will add 4 reps total until I can do 15L+15R*2=60 reps in 2:00.

After doing the “Victor” protocol I think it blew the dust off of me. I kept wanting to quit after about 6 minutes in to it but I never reached a stop sign so I was able to finish the full 30 minute session. But after a set of 10 swings, my lungs were on fire every time after 6 minutes. I think snatching how I have been has shown some true WTH effects. That was the first time I have completed 100 swings with 48kg. I will call that a milestone for my personal progress.

Sunday, March 10.

Set a timer for 20minutes walk 100 meter as many times as I get in in the double kb front rack position. Double 16kg Maybe add in some double half snatches too.

Got in 800m

3 dbl 1/2 snatches, walk 100m*2
3 dbl cleans, walk 100m*2
3 dbl swings, walk 100m*2
3 dbl jerks, dbl rack carry for all 100m walks*2

Soak in the hot tub and stretch tonight.

Last edited:
Wednesday, March 13.

30 minute walk
Set a timer for 30 minutes: Double LCCJ 16kg for sets of 10

Made it for 18:00 7 sets of 10. The 7th set started to feel like I was wanting to “workout” instead of “practice”, so that was my last set. Each set of 10 took about 40 seconds with me trying to go fast. I’m curious about how “sinister” the lccj can be. I know the swing gives a lot and so does the snatch but the double lccj is in a league of its own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom