all posts post new thread

Luis’ Training Log

Thursday, March 14.

30 minute morning walk
Evening: Set a timer for 20 minutes 175-pound sandbag over 56" bar OTM

Was able to get 15 reps in within 15 minutes then decided to stop. First 7 were difficult as I didn’t warm up other than lifting and carrying the bag to the other part of my garage. Reps 8-15 felt much smoother and I was able to smoothly deadlift, row, catch, and triple extend the bag over the bar. Good little session. I thought about doing other lifts but I just wanted to get a good overall training in with the least amount of time. That was a good 15 minutes.

Last edited:
... I’m curious about how “sinister” the lccj can be. I know the swing gives a lot and so does the snatch but the double lccj is in a league of its own.
Personally I have two exercises that I feel makes an immediate impact on my "conditioning".
Max reps for a few sets Double Long Cycle Clean & Jerk is one of them. The day after I feel that everything is "easier".
The other one is Litvinov Sprints.

But neither of those are pleasant o_O

I agree, but I don't think we are in it for it to be easy. I'm pleasantly surprised when I take on a task and feel like I have that "android" work capacity and pain tolerance of an "immortal."
Those were the days, legendary one liners.
"There's no gold inside a kettlebell, only strength"
Please @Pavel , more quotes in the Easy Strength book.

Wednesday, March 20.

2:00 snatch test 24kg (Goal: 48 reps without putting the bell down.) rest about 10 minutes.

I was able to get 44 reps in. I paused too long in the overhead position.

Snatch Heavy 28/32kg
5 reps OTM x 12minutes for 60 reps

I was able to get all 60 reps. 32kg felt light today. Performed (32,28,32,28….)
Jogged a bit afterwards and walked about 30 minutes to let my heart rate come back down.

ROP 3(1,2) ladders 44kg
Pull ups performed (1,2,1,2)

I plan to do 44kg for all singles and doubles
40kg for reps of 3-5 from here out.

Last edited:
Thursday, March 21.

PTP I realized I set it up wrong on Tuesday. I should have subtracted 90% from my first set for the second set. Always good to read and read again. Glad I did that.

Axle bar deadlift 325x5/295x5
Kettlebell 1 arm clean and jerk 48kg 5x2
Windmill 2x5 16kg
Bent press 6 singles.
28, 32, 36, 40, 44, and maybe 48.
2x5 Standing Ab wheel

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom