all posts post new thread

Mars Attacks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Today my triceps was sore all day. It's weird because the TGU still feels very easy. But for whatever reason this exercise really fries my triceps.

Log Nr. 2, Day 93:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister:
-Warmup
-Swings: 24kg 10x10, 1 set every minute
-TGU: 24kg 5 reps per arm, 1 set every 1.5 minutes

Evening
Today I tried a Original Strength Daily Reset. 20x head nods, 40x rocking on all four, 5x rolls per limb, 200 steps baby crawls, 40x standing cross crawls. Took no time at all and afterwards I felt much more nimble. I like it. Given that I failed at my daily squat challenge I might give this a try.

Last edited:
OS Reset in the morning. I ate an hour before training so had to take it a bit slower :D

Log Nr. 2, Day 94:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister:
-Warmup 24kg
-1H Swings: 24kg 10x10, 1 set every 90 sec, jogging for active recovery
-TGU: 24kg 5 reps per arm, 1 set every 90 sec

Last edited:
Log Nr. 2, Day 95:
Morning
Simple & Sinister:
-OS Reset

Log Nr. 2, Day 96:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister:
-OS Reset
-Goblet Squat: 24kg 5x3

I really like the OS reset. It takes a bit longer than the S&S warm up but it is a better for me because it loosens me up more. TGUs feel effortless with the first rep. Usually it takes me 2-3 reps before I get into the groove. Swings are pretty much the same.

Log Nr. 2, Day 97:
Morning
Simple & Sinister:
-OS Reset

Log Nr. 2, Day 99:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister:
-OS Reset

OK, first day back using the 28kg KB. So far so good :)

Log Nr. 2, Day 101:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister:
-Goblet Squat and Halo: 24kg 5x3
-1H Swings: 24kg, 28kg, 24kg, 24kg, 24kg
-TGU: 24kg, 28kg, 24kg, 24kg, 24kg

Log Nr. 2, Day 102:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister:
-OS Reset
-Goblet Squat and Halo: 24kg 5x3
-2H Swings: 24kg, 28kg, 24kg, 24kg, 24kg
-TGU: 24kg, 28kg, 24kg, 24kg, 24kg

Man, what a week. We had some serious water pipe damage in our building and I was busy dealing with insurance, neighbors and workers all week. Mostly immigrants living in the 10 appartments so things need to be talked about multiple times until things clear. We are lucky only the first and ground floor need repair work and the insurance company will cover all damages and cost. But living in a post war building built with whatever scrap was lying around in the 1950s it can take a while to see what is actually broken :D

And boy am I glad I didn't take up the owner on his offer to sell the apartment to us instead of rent.

And I managed to hurt my hand helping one of our neighbors with their destroyed stuff.

Anyways. Because of the busy days I did my S&S sessions GTG style on Friday and today with the 24kg KB only.

Friday
Log Nr. 2, Day 103:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister 24kg GTG

Saturday
Log Nr. 2, Day 104:
Afternoon
Simple & Sinister 24kg GTG

Busy week, had to do my workouts before going to bed and had no time to log. My diet has gone south a bit as well. But next week should be normal.

Mo, Tue, Wed, Fr
Log Nr. 2, Day 105-108
Simple & Sinister 24-28-24-24-24kg

The last couple weeks went by fast. I did most of my S&S workouts as planned. Which is good. I did the OS Daily Reset almost every day as well. Also good. And I progressed to 4 sets with the 28kg KB. Bueno :)

But my diet kinda slipped and my body composition shows. For the most part just too many carbs due to laziness when it comes to food prep. And too much sugar and coffee because ENERGY makes me feel good. And of course this had a negative impact on my sleep "schedule".

Fr
Log Nr. 2, Day 114
Simple & Sinister 24-28-24-24-24kg

Today
Log Nr. 2, Day 115
Simple & Sinister 24-28-28-24-24kg

At the moment I am in a 10 day self quarantine and without KBs. It's annoying but I will do some calisthenics to not wither away in the meantime.

Mo-Wed: CC calisthenics progression for push up, l sit, chin up and pistol squat done in a circuit. 2 easy ones for warm up. 3 pushing close to failure. 2 minutes rest between exercises/circuits.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom