all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Music Whilst Training

I listen to old &^%t because I'm old. Pretty much anything 50s to 80s is fine - pop, r&b, hard rock, heavy metal.

Roadrunners are cool. Cute. Vicious though. A neighbor of my folks apparently hand feeds them in her yard.
They 100% do not give a $hit. Very similar to that hilarious honey badger video.
A while back I watched one repeatedly body slam a fat-a#@ toad on a railroad tie. Can you imagine the neck strength that would take ?

Last edited:
When I was rowing for my cardio, I used to watch dexter. I envy all the people that said they can watch whatever they want while they workout; I would definitely take advantage of that if it were an option.

Now I alternate between all music types (randomly pick a playlist for the day and l let it determine the mood of the workout) or audio books (non-fiction for lighter cardio, and fiction for medium cardio / strength training).

I go with whatever music fits the day. Sometimes silence, sometimes rock, punk, hip-hop, jazz, EDM, pop. Never books or podcasts, I don’t really do much of those in any circumstances and it’s too distracting if I’m working out.

80s metal, hard rock, 90s grunge, faster electronic stuff like drum and bass, jungle
depends on the session, oddly enough A+A snatches I like podcasts as the structure of the session is 'boring' per se
if the session calls for some intensity, go-tos include, Metallica - The Black Album, Faith No More - The Real Thing, AC/DC - Back in Black, Van Halen - 1984, or Soundgarden - Superunknown

Podcast listener here. Although I did make the mistake of listening to Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend once when doing bench presses. Glad I didn’t have collars on the bar :)

Lately it's been ska/punk. I'll tell Alexa to play Streetlight Manifesto radio, and she'll play a plethora of other bands, such as Voodoo Glow Skulls, Less Than Jake, etc. NOFX has been getting some air time too...

Had to back off the Amon Amarth for a bit...

This summer my training has often been to the BBC Test Match Special broadcast. Despite losing The Ashes to the Aussies, the commentary has been great.

Lately it's been ska/punk. I'll tell Alexa to play Streetlight Manifesto radio, and she'll play a plethora of other bands, such as Voodoo Glow Skulls, Less Than Jake, etc. NOFX has been getting some air time too...

Had to back off the Amon Amarth for a bit...
Well then The Interrupters and Rancid should be on playlist too.

This is something I could definitely try. How many weeks you should run it before deload?
Run your 8 week block then listen to these. You’ll deload.

SEVENTIES BUBBLE GUM ROCK:
“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy” Ohio Express
“Knock Three Times” Dawn
“Every Beat of My Heart” Josie & the PussyCat’s
“Wait til Tomorrow” The Banana Splits”
“Easy Come, Easy Go” Bobby Sherman
“Sugar Sugar” The Archie’s
“Smile a Little Smile for Me” Flying Machine
“I Think I Love You” Partridge Family
“Car Wash” Rose Royce

Run your 8 week block then listen to these. You’ll deload.

SEVENTIES BUBBLE GUM ROCK:
“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy” Ohio Express
“Knock Three Times” Dawn
“Every Beat of My Heart” Josie & the PussyCat’s
“Wait til Tomorrow” The Banana Splits”
“Easy Come, Easy Go” Bobby Sherman
“Sugar Sugar” The Archie’s
“Smile a Little Smile for Me” Flying Machine
“I Think I Love You” Partridge Family
“Car Wash” Rose Royce
100%, deload followed by delife.

First thing in the morning, while morning calisthenics I listen the metronome, 60 bpm. No music, just click, click, click. I'm totally focus on breathing and muscle contraction.
The only one time when I listen something while training is during running, or rucking, and I listen Jocko podcast.
What about putting up an antique (or old style) wooden clock with a loud tick-tock? 60bpm ;) My uncle owned a watch-repair service, I was in and out of his ticking and tocking office. He worked on lots of big clocks too.

Back
Top Bottom