all posts post new thread

One More Time for this old guy

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thats good feedback, I have been eating carnivore since 1 Jan 2019 (90-95% strict) and similarly intermittent fast so that good to know as well. Did you find you cheated a bit more or just upped the quantity?
Like all things carnivore its about planning for me, have extra meat/eggs ready to cook up, take an extra portion in my lunch bag. Be proactive to deal with it. That is my solution to stay more in control and not cheat.

Carnivore basic rules "Eat when your hungry and eat until you are full" just may be less time between meals and bigger meals for a while.

I do have a hard time recovering sometimes and then I will take honey (let the carnivore purist wars begin), I think when my body uses excessive amounts of glycogen and requires high levels of recovery I feel it with as over training/ unable to sleep. One way to lower the bodies demands is eating some carbs to limit the need to convert fats and proteins to glycogen. works for me, you do you.

traveling right now and eating what my kiddo is eating so my dinner choices are no way carnivore... cannot wait to get back home.

slacking on my posting. Have made all of my workouts.

Did not post the rest of my workouts @ Bear Republic San Diego and want to thank Steph of welcoming us.

Wednesday 23 Feb Week 3 day 1 -> MHR 184
Friday 25 Feb Week 3 day 2 -> MHR 174
Sunday 27 Feb Week3 day 3 at home ->189
Monday/Tuesday rest
Wednesday March 2 Week 4 day 1 -> MHR 185
Friday March 4 Week 4 day 2 -> MHR 173
Sunday March 6 Week 4 day 3 at home ->180
Monday Rest
Tuesday Sauna at the gym as a recovery activity
today Wed March 8 Week 5 day 1 ->186

Making it happen and proud of myself

I am starting to feel the stress and recovery is not as great as earlier. After 13 weeks of high intensity complexes the advise in MKB and KB Hard to limit complex work to max 18 weeks seems true. I am looking at what is next again. I need some quality cardio de-load time.

I also have a 2 week summer holiday planned 16 weeks after I complete "The Wolf"

Current thinking is 4 weeks of "King Size Combo 2" from Kettlebell Express Ultra with a single KB. Its a snatch heavy program done self paced.
Following that thinking that I will go with 2 complex programs that are 6 weeks each from "KB Hard" that have 6 or 7 reps while staying with the same size KBs keeping the weights the same and increasing reps should have me fully own the 16kgs. not rushing to higher weights. i am very happy with being pain and injury free over the last several months.

yeS, yES, YES week 5 day 2 done... "light day" heavy day 4 rounds MHR 183
Feel the workout intensity and feel sure that I can make the final weeks workout. Hope I get a little more conditioning to help me with the Heavier and Heaviest days coming up

Week 5 day 3 completed MRH 184. Really tough workout as cardio
Enjoyed 2 days rest to get ready for the final week

Week 6 day 1 today, something funny, it was not so tough. legs felt the load but was not fully gassed at any point.

May be that I had a good amount of carbs at breakfast this morning. i have been eating like mad over the last 3 weeks

Not posting again, guilty.

My results from "The Wolf" are nothing short of amazing
216 lbs, 37.25 waist and body fat of 17.7% and average resting heart rate over night 58bpm
just to recap 6 weeks before 215lbs, 38 inch waist, BF18.6%, resting heart rate 65 bpm

Change is +1lb gross weight, body fat down 1.9lbs, lean mass up 2.9lbs and heart rate down 7 bpm
It is also visible in my legs, middle and shoulders that I have changed my body in that short amount of time.

I have been eating full on without regard to calories and carbs in the last 3 weeks of the program.

"King Size Combo 2" from Kettlebell Express Ultra with a single 24kg KB
Half way, Just completed week 2

Week 1
Day 1 both sides 30 snatch/30 squats
Day2 both sides 24 snatch/24 press
Day 3 both sides 18 snatch/18 press /18 squat

Week 2
Day 1 both sides 32 snatch/32 squats
Day2 both sides 28 snatch/23 press/5 push presses*
Day 3 both sides 20 snatch/20 press /20 squat
* went to push press when my press form was breaking down

I have that funny feeling of always being pumped up all the time from working heavy

UGGG, head cold onset Saturday and full strength Monday. Taking over the counter drugs to keep fit to work.

Week 3 day 1 workout
Right 30 snatch/30 squat
Left 25snatch/25 squat
its just the cold and not I am not worried about it

still not 100% clear of the head cold but a good workout today
Week 3 day 2 workout
Right 30 snatch/29 press/1 push press
Left 30snatch/26 press/4 push press

Week 3 Day 3
Left 25 snatch/24 press(push press 1) /25squat
Left 20 snatch/20 press/20squat

off of cold meds and nasal spray Friday, feeling better and working hard

Week 4 day 1 workout
Right 36 snatch/36 squat
Left 30 snatch/30 squat

Not a bad workout everything considered, the 6 reps heavy are hard. Feel the changes in body energy systems

Week 4 day 2 workout
Right 24 snatch/20 press/4 push press
Left 24 snatch/23 press/1 push press

Really felt the higher reps again today and the increased time to recover between sets.
My food has been off plan and last night I stayed up later than normal to watch a game. Not sure my recovery effected my performance today but I need to pay attention to it more

week 4 day 3 FINAL DAY

Left 24 snatch/18 press(push press 8) /23squat
Right 24 snatch/18 press(push press 6) /23squat

Started the morning with DOMS(delayed onset muscle soreness). Doms have been getting stronger all week. Today was the first day that I thought about an extra days rest.

My shoulders are not happy with pressing the 24kg. The 3 rep sets in the first week were fine; but after 4 weeks of work the 6 reps sets are different. I have been going with push press as a regression. When I have 1-2 reps to fail then I do push presses to complete the set. Today I had 2 bad squat reps because I pressed to close to failure and lost form on the final squat rep in a set.

Will give body weight, body fat and my reflections on the program Monday.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom