all posts post new thread

Preparation for SF selection

Wolv3rus

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on going through naval SF selection in about 2-3 years.
This are the requirements to barely pass:
Brackets ( ) are recommend numbers to hit, provided by former members of the unit, to increase chance of survival

50kg bench press 15x (30+)
8 pull ups (15+)
5.000m run in 22 min (20min)
1.000m swim in 24 min (18min)
Diving for time: 1 min
Diving for distance: 30 meter

In addition, it's recommend to hit or get close to the following:

20km run without any issues
1RM for:
Deadlift 175kg+
45kg DB farmer carry 70m+
ATG back squat 145kg+
BB OHP 65kg+

Due to work I travel a lot and rarely have access to a gym, but I take my kettlebells everywhere with me.

My current idea is to run ROP Jurassic since it's less taxing (at least it feels like it for me) than regular ROP in addition to building up my LSS runs slowly to get to 20k.

After that I'd focus more on swimming, keep running and maybe switch to S&S

What are your thoughts?

As someone that spent a few years working with SEAL's and EOD Tech during my Naval career I would probably go with your later plan first to get through BUD's. The prep test is still going to be the 500-meter swim, pull ups, pushups, sit ups and the 1.5-mile run. Maybe run S&S 4 days a week with 3 days a week of running and three days a week of swimming. If you were going to be doing a different service I wouldn't sweat the swimming so much but with regards to Naval SF, you have to swim. The fighter's pull-up program should also be done 4-5 days a week, probably following your S&S training.

The recommended max training on deadlifts and other lifts is something more for when you have gone past BUD's, made it through the probationary period if it still exists, received your pin. Friends of mine that have gone through successfully say it's a meat grinder in regard to time in the water and time on your feet so ensure you take a full rest day and sleep and eat well.

Back
Top Bottom