all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Programming advice

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

Prier84

First Post
Hello, I’m new here. I’m looking for advice on my program I made. I only have 4 days a week to work out at the most due to kids, work and just busy life. I think upper lower is probably my best split option but threw my triceps work on my lower days so I can focus on them more when they are fresh and to even out the volume on all the days. A little background on me in general is I’ve been lifting for probably about 5 years in general, but have never stuck with it more than like 8 months at a time then I’d take a few months off then back again and really trying to stay consistent this time so I’m kind of in a weird spot where I have plenty of experience and practice with the lifts but probably still more in the novice to intermediate stage so if that helps at all as far as looking at my program. I’m running this during a bulk too if that helps. Any advice that could optimize this program would be appreciated such as volume, selection or frequency anything really.

Attachments

• IMG_4213.jpeg
    IMG_4213.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4212.jpeg
    IMG_4212.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 36
I'd definitely recommend trying out built strong maximum given your background

Also, if you are interested in kettlebells, I'd set a session with an instructor either in person or virtual

Is this kind of a double progression you are doing? I'm seeing some rep ranges here and I'm wondering if you start out with a weight that is 3x6 and then working up to 3x8 then adding 5-10lbs next session.

If so I'd recommend some bigger volume gaps in there. Preferably with added sets. So instead of just 3x6 to 3x8 go to 5x8. Maybe switch to that after the little jumps stop working.

Congrats! You have basically re-invented the Bigger Leaner Stronger program!

But also looking at the tabs on the bottom... Is this the SBS program formerly known as ATS2.0? It should cover all the progression for you.

Is this kind of a double progression you are doing? I'm seeing some rep ranges here and I'm wondering if you start out with a weight that is 3x6 and then working up to 3x8 then adding 5-10lbs next session.

If so I'd recommend some bigger volume gaps in there. Preferably with added sets. So instead of just 3x6 to 3x8 go to 5x8. Maybe switch to that after the little jumps stop working.

Congrats! You have basically re-invented the Bigger Leaner Stronger program!

But also looking at the tabs on the bottom... Is this the SBS program formerly known as ATS2.0? It should cover all the progression for you.
Yes it’s double progression. So I try to find a weight I can but the lower row for them stay until I complete all 3 sets on the higher end them up the weight and start back at the low end

Yes it’s double progression. So I try to find a weight I can but the lower row for them stay until I complete all 3 sets on the higher end them up the weight and start back at the low end
And I just used the spread sheet format because I was too lazy to make my own ‍♂️ it’s not the same program at all. I just found an upper lower I liked, moved the triceps to lower to equal out the work and prioritize them when they are fresh and subbed out some lifts for ones I prefer more.

Back
Top Bottom