all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Ps: Regardless of the KB sizes that are considered as heavy in this forum, I can tell that 24kg KB demands respect :) and yes all weights of KBs demands absolute respect but at 24 kg, I can see that things are getting more serious, this is the territory of, if you don’t know KBs don’t even pick me up territory.
I had the same thought today while doing a couple getups with the 24kg. Looking at that thing hanging over my hand my thought was "that is not a small kettlebell nor is that a light kettlebell". Congrats on your purchase!

I had the same thought today while doing a couple getups with the 24kg. Looking at that thing hanging over my hand my thought was "that is not a small kettlebell nor is that a light kettlebell". Congrats on your purchase!
:) yes, it does not matter if there are many people in this forum that use 24kg KB for their light tonic day, it is NOT a light KB ;)

:) yes, it does not matter if there are many people in this forum that use 24kg KB for their light tonic day, it is NOT a light KB ;)
It is definitely a solid weight. I was just looking back at my copy of ROP and I had a date if 9/2019 and had 20kg written next to it as my "heavy" snatch day then. It was cool a cool reminder. I heard Dan John's podcast recently and he said if we locked you in a room with the 24kg for the next 9 months, you would come out on the other end a different animal.

Withings Body Smart scale

Unfortunately it's not particularly smart. It reports a bodyweight of about 100lbs. while my ancient mechanical scale from Ikea reports over 150lbs, which is closer to the weight that was measured at a health screening I attended earlier this week. Another problem is it was supposed to give me bodyfat/body comp readings. Turns out this feature must be "installed" by an IOS app - which would have been ok if the app was able to install the needed software into the scale without losing its WiFi/Bluetooth connections.

Will send the Withings scale back for a refund and stick to my old mechanical scale.

Withings Body Smart scale

Unfortunately it's not particularly smart. It reports a bodyweight of about 100lbs. while my ancient mechanical scale from Ikea reports over 150lbs, which is closer to the weight that was measured at a health screening I attended earlier this week. Another problem is it was supposed to give me bodyfat/body comp readings. Turns out this feature must be "installed" by an IOS app - which would have been ok if the app was able to install the needed software into the scale without losing its WiFi/Bluetooth connections.

Will send the Withings scale back for a refund and stick to my old mechanical scale.
Sounds like you have a broken one. I’ve had the Nokia precursor for years and it works great.

The body fat reading is junk because that method is junk. I wouldn’t pursue that feature too much

Sounds like you have a broken one. I’ve had the Nokia precursor for years and it works great.

The body fat reading is junk because that method is junk. I wouldn’t pursue that feature too much

You might be right on both counts. I started the refund process with the store.

One of the activities at our in-office health screening event was grasping a device and holding it at shoulder height. This device is supposed to take body comp/BMI readings. The consensus among my coworkers was this device couldn't be trusted. One of them is a thin looking guy who frequently kayaks, hikes, cycles (on a bike), etc. and is not "skinny fat" imo - he got a BMI reading of over 25 :D I guess I'll never know how much of an improvement I would have seen with the Withings scale regarding BMI/body comp readings, but the experience with the app and its pathetic attempts to "install" the scale made me lose interest.

40kg competition kettlebell. Plan is it use it for swings at first. Long term plan, ideally I’ll have 2 and be able to C&P them and also FSQ. But that’s a long way off.

It’s an Australian company ( made in China no doubt ), so if I like it, I may eventually get a 2nd 36kg. I have a kettlebell kings 36, but they aren’t available in Oz anymore unfortunately. If the dimensions of the 40 are similar to my 36, at least I know if I get a 2nd 36, it’ll work with my KKings one.
I thought I’d need a few months with the 36 to be ready for the 40, but last week I managed 10x10 with the 36, so figure I’d try 5 sets of 2 with the 40. First set 3 reps, then 9 more sets of 5. Pretty happy with the bell and very happy I can swing it already.

I have been doing swings 3 a week for about a month now, loving them again. So many benefits and hard to mess up

I have added my first "in-between size" 28kg bell.
I had a Minimal-ish set of 16, 24, 32, 40, and 48kg bells.
it was on sale for $0.99/lb. and I was able to pick it up for free shipping.
Just had an inaugural session of 100 snatches ( 5/20, EMOM ). Many more to come.
powder coat finish is rough and grippy like a 6000-grit sandpaper.

1711474022197.png

Last edited:
I have added my first "in-between size" 28kg bell.
I had a Minimal-ish set of 16, 24, 32, 40, and 48kg bells.
it was on sale for $0.99/lb. and I was able to pick it up for free shipping.
Just had an inaugural session of 100 snatches ( 5/20, EMOM ). Many more to come.
powder coat finish is rough and grippy like a 6000-grit sandpaper.

View attachment 24390
Dang, that is a steal. Rep fitness?

Dang, that is a steal. Rep fitness?
No, they don't have that kind of presence online yet.

but they have good prices. especially good, if you can pick up locally.

No, they don't have that kind of presence online yet.

but they have good prices. especially good, if you can pick up locally.
You aren't kidding, $100 for a 48kg if you pick it up is pretty dang good. @Kenny Croxdale do you guys price match stores across the country?

Back
Top Bottom