all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Recent Fitness-Related Purchases

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Bought these grippers https://www.amazon.com.au/Strengthener-Outdoor-Strength-Trainer-Fingers/dp/B0B9732CX9/ref=sr_1_4 ...... they are not Captains of Crush but COC in Australia are a hideous price. To my inexperienced eyes and hands what I bought seem to be fine.

Was quite relieved and happy to be able to close the 100lb as before they arrived I was wondering if I had bitten off more than I could squeeze.
I would have been very surprised had you not been able to close the 100lbs. It's the equivalent of the Trainer from CoC. I'd wager you can close it for sets of 5. With a bit of technique practice you'll probably close the 200lbs for a single pretty soon.

I would have been very surprised had you not been able to close the 100lbs. It's the equivalent of the Trainer from CoC. I'd wager you can close it for sets of 5. With a bit of technique practice you'll probably close the 200lbs for a single pretty soon.

Yes you are right currently doing sets of 5 - it sounded like an awful lot of weight to me
ie 100lbs = more than half my bodyweight - or 2 x 20kg kettlebells plus a bit more - doesnt seem right that we can move that with just our fingers.

Last edited:
Yes you are right currently doing sets of 5 - it sounded like an awful lot of weight to me
ie 100lbs = more than half my bodyweight - or 2 x 20kg kettlebells plus a bit more - doesnt seem right that we can move that with just our fingers.
That 100lbs is just an arbitrary number, check out Cannon Powerworks - they do gripper rating, the aforementioned CoC Trainer is, for example, on average actually 55lbs of resistance.

40kg competition kettlebell. Plan is it use it for swings at first. Long term plan, ideally I’ll have 2 and be able to C&P them and also FSQ. But that’s a long way off.

It’s an Australian company ( made in China no doubt ), so if I like it, I may eventually get a 2nd 36kg. I have a kettlebell kings 36, but they aren’t available in Oz anymore unfortunately. If the dimensions of the 40 are similar to my 36, at least I know if I get a 2nd 36, it’ll work with my KKings one.

We had some Ader kettlebells a while back. We noticed that the space between the bell and the handle was larger, at least on the sizes we had.

-S-
Possible. Although they look fairly symmetrical compared to my Apollo and Rogue bells.
Will take them through a heat check tomorrow am.

I ended up buying a pair of old York 35s on FB marketplace - paid way too much for a pair of 35s, but they're cool so...

Also got this - I'll be trying platform squats ("Bavarian Squats") with them tomorrow. I think they'll allow a better range of motion than the Titan plate loadable rig I have but we'll see how I like it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-26 7.49.50 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-26 7.49.50 PM.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom