all posts post new thread

S&S - 2018 goal 40kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
3/15/18

TGU's
32 x 2
40 x 2
44 x 2
40 x 2
32 x 2

DBKBFS
32 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 -- why do these suck so much?

Weighted pull ups - not chest to bar today
30lbs x 5, 5, 4

Suitcase carry 32kg 1:15 per side

For a brief moment before my workout I thought I should try to do a TGU with the beast. Once I got to the 44 I decided I'm not ready for the beast yet... the thought was there though!

3/16/18

32kg Hand to Hand swings
5 x 20

32kg TGU's x 10

I really like H2H swings...for some reason when I do them this way I feel like I get a deeper hinge and my technique is better. Not sure how to get that to transfer over to 1H swings.

3/17/18

a1) 75lbs 2H swings 10 x 10
a2) Pushups 10, 9, 8, 7, ...... down to 1

It was exactly one year ago today I started S&S! I've come so far and still have so far to go. This is by far the longest I've stuck with any kind of program.

3/18/18

No KB's or weights. but knocked out a 5 mile bike ride while pulling 30lbs behind me in the form of my daughter. It was a very active weekend overall. The weather is getting nicer, finally.

3/19/18
I heard back from my SFG1 trainer and I need more work on my shoulder packing during the swings. I will drop back to 32kg swings for a while until I get that to improve.

32kg 1H swings 10 x 10
These felt great today!

a) TRX T's, Y's, W's, face pulls 12 reps of each
b) TRX curls 1 x 20

c) DB BP 60 x 10, 80 x 10, 10, 8

d) RFESS 45lbs/hand x 10, 10, 10 no rest between legs

Good session

3/26/18

32kg 1H swings 10 x 10
Still really focusing on shoulder packing...swings are feeling good

32kg TGU's
10 reps total in this format: First two reps (R then L) with 2 second pauses at each step. second 2 reps (r then L) with 4 second pauses. third 2 reps (r then L) with 6 second pauses and so on up to 10 second pauses on my last two reps. I found once I got beyond the 6 second pauses things got real tough!

32kg KB curls by the horns 3x12

Next two weeks are crazy at work. I normally work out during lunch time, but I don't think that will happen much these next 2 weeks. I am waking up earlier and doing my workouts at home in the basement. I won't be able to push the weight too much at this time, but as long as my consistency is still there I will be happy.

3/29/18

It's been three days since I've done S&S and I was feeling fresh so I pushed harder today.

75lbs 1H Swings 10 x 10 in 4:52

75lbs TGU x 10 in 9:39

Felt good. Swings of course gassed me. By the 6th set of 10 I was really feeling it. Looking back on my log it has been over two months since I've pushed the pace. If I remember correctly in S&S Pavel recommends to test yourself every week right? I need to test more often

3/30/18

Random Swings x 20 followed up by 20 pushups
24kg, 32kg, 34kg, 40kg, 34kg, 32kg, 40kg, 24kg

Total of 160 swings and 160 pushups

40kg Goblet squats x 10, 10

16kg windmills 5 per side.

3/31/18 I was really sore after my 3/30 workout so I took a break from swings.

Spiderman crawls

40kg TGU's with 2 second pauses at each step x 10

I need to start getting more confident with the 40 for TGU's. I think adding in pauses will help...as will getting back to the 44kg once I'm back in the gym which has a 44.

80lbs sandbag carry for 10 minutes without setting it down.

4/2/18 -- today was interesting

75lbs 1h swings 10 x 10
These felt great. I dare say the best my 1H swings have ever felt! Powerful, crisp and in sync. I was feeling so good I decided to do 40kg TGU's with a 4 second pause.

Did a rep on my right side and it was perfect! the pauses felt like I could have held them for 8 seconds. It was solid, no shakiness. I'm pumped.

THEN my wife sends the kids to the basement for me to keep an eye on them because she has errands to run. I got SO distracted but thought it would be a good test. I move on to my left side and it was awful...I ended up losing control of the bell and dropping it somewhere from tall sit to lunge position. Luckily no kids were hurt and I was fine too. The carpet on the other hand didn't fare so well. I called it quits right then and there and played with the kids. I am bummed because I felt today had the opportunity to be one of those GREAT days.

Oh well, live to fight another day. It goes to show for TGU's I really do need 100% focus. Ugh...

4/4/18 -- Snuck a fast one in at the gym today.

36kg 1H Swings x 10 EMOM

36kg TGU's with short pauses x 10

Superset fashion:
10 knees to elbows
10 TRX's T, Y, W's
10 paces of spiderman crawl
3 rounds.

Felt good to swing with the 36. I was worried about TGU's after my drop last workout, but I got over it once a couple of reps in.

4/5/18

No workout for me today. I was going to go at lunch but my wife and youngest daughter came to the office and we had lunch together... a nice surprise!

I am sore as heck today! Yesterday was the first time doing a 100 reps with the 36 and I feel it today...especially in my rhomboids from all the shoulder packing and retraction. The best thing I did was have my form checked by a SFG1.... It has helped tremendously.

4/6/16

1H swings 36kg 10 x 10

Overhead walking lunges with 24kg 10 reps per side x 3

Some hollow holds. Short on time today.

4/10/2018

2nd day of this gross head cold...ugh. Hoping to be back at it with the bells in the next day or two.

4/18/18

It has been 12 days since I worked out! I had a head cold for 3 days, then I had 2 days of 17 hour working days and I just did not recover or handle all of that well. I'm posting this here today to hold myself accountable, I will workout today at lunchtime. Time to get back on track. When I don't workout I get all stiff and achy which makes me not want to work out. I know getting in the gym today will get me back on track. I WILL WORKOUT TODAY!

4/18/18

Finally got a workout in!

1H swings 32kg 10 x 10

32kg TGU x10

TRX T, Y, W, Curls x 15 each
Knees to elbows x 10, 10, 10

10 min row at a slow pace

It felt great and terrible all at once to be back in the gym. I was real short of breath and took long breaks between swings. I was so achy going into the workout but after I finished the goblet squats and halos the body felt great. I think prying goblet squats are one of the best things for me.

4/20/18

32kg 1H swings 10x10

32kg TGU's x 10

Goblet squats 40kg x 10, 10, 10
Pushups on back of bosu ball 3 x 15

Someone gave me a bosu ball and I thought it'd be cool to do pushups on the back of it. It was def harder than normal pushups.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom