all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S + C&J + Snatch ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Yagi

First Post
Hello everyone, I do the S&S program 5 days a week, I started with 16 kg kettlebell now I train with 24 kg, one-arm Swing and TGU. I want to fit into C&J and Snatch workouts, what is the best way to do it in order to have time to recover? and in what quantities? split by week heavy, light, medium?

Following…rn adding C&P and snatch as follow-on practice reps mainly for form at this point. Still at 24Kg slowly progressing to male Simple.

Hello everyone, I do the S&S program 5 days a week, I started with 16 kg kettlebell now I train with 24 kg, one-arm Swing and TGU. I want to fit into C&J and Snatch workouts, what is the best way to do it in order to have time to recover? and in what quantities? split by week heavy, light, medium?
... say no to mirrors ... film yourself for review ...

when i would learn these movements i did single reps to learn the form. and only did a handful of reps to learn it while I kept my focus on S&S.

When the time came - after some very unintended twists and turns - I came to practice Snatches, swings and cleans and presses, for several months as the main program.

That was after spending many months merely learning the movements having filmed my attempts and learning the techniques and good form.

Pavel shows how he incorporated Snatches in place of TGU some days in this article, just to give you an idea.
I don't see that in the article, can you point it out? I do see push presses replaced one day's get ups.

My suggestion,

Keep working towards S&S Simple.
And just do some practice with the other drills with lighter bells 10 minutes during warm-up. (I insist on lighter bells, like 16kg if your S&S training size is 24kg, 10 minutes because you need to keep all your energy towards your goal: Simple.)
When you make it to Simple. You’ll be in the perfect spot to choose from a lot of programs involving the drills you prefer. You’ll have sufficient hip snap to clean, snatch single or double 20-24 bells for reps and enough shoulder stability to venture into press, push press and jerks and snatches.

Agree with other members. Be patient with S&S, it will pay huge dividends down the road. And if you still want to practice other movements, do as Jean-Marie says: do them for warmup with light bells.

So guys, maybe someone will be interested, but I made a program for a month using Pavel's article about cyclic loads there.
Initial data:
I am 40 years old, height 174 cm, weight 73 kg, for 6 years I have been doing BJJ 3 times a week, but the war has made its own adjustments :(
Working weights:
Swing with one hand 24 kg 100 reps
TGU 24 kg 10 reps (two hands)
C&J 16 kg 15 reps
Snatch 16 kg 85 reps in 10 minutes

IMG_20220325_125613.jpg(yes, now it looks like a madman's notes , but if there is progress, I will write in more detail)booked two weeks in advance
Let's see how the result will change in three weeks (I already finished the first week)

So, a month has passed in the fourth week, I did the one-arm swing test 24 kg 5 min 105 reps without rest (I think I would have done a little more if I controlled the timing and breathing), snatch 100 reps in 5 minutes, kettlebell 16 kg, clean and jerk 15 reps in one set kettlebell 16 kg. In the month, the breaks between sets were determined by a conversational test. In theory, you can increase the weight a little, but since it is not possible to do this, I will try to increase the intensity by decreasing rest and increasing repetitions. Oh yes, my maximum pulse was on average up to 130.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom