all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S, SFG Prep, or Kettlebell WOD?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CoachWTF

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi All,

I'm having a hard time deciding where to begin. I enjoy the simplicity of the Simple and Sinister programming, but I find it very boring. I like the SFG Prep because it's very well-rounded, and the Kettlebell WOD exercises seem great for conditioning. So basically I'm paralyzed by choices. I wouldn't call myself a kettlebell beginner at all, but my goals are to lose fat and gaining strength goes without saying.

Should I just stick to the S&S as the place to start? Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated.

I made a commitment to myself a couple of months ago to finally stick with a program (with some variety days) and it's been S&S. I hit simple a couple of weeks ago and did my first 40kg getup an hour ago. There's no end in sight, I love it.

Progress is not boring to me. But I can see why S&S would appear boring.

I'm definitely a bit of a flip flopper. Thanks for your story. Perhaps I should start there and just commit.

Hi,
there are many good progamms out there that might fit you. I would suggest to stick to S&S until you reach the simple standard. Then you can decide what you really want to achieve.

I am a SFG candidate, following Brett Jones prep programm. It is a great prep programm, but I have to confess I cannot wait to pass the cert so that I can go to another programm. :) It is 5 days a week, my hands constanttly hurt due to the high volume of snatches, and 3 days in a row of doing the big 6 with one or two 24kg KB is no joke... Really (at least for a light guy like me).
Before that, I did ROP with 20kg, then 24kg (with S&S style swings).
Before that, I did S&S until Simple.
Before that, I did a lot of other things, none much relevant here.

I don't think the SFG prep programm would have been possible for me, had I not done S&S until simple. So I will second the other ones. Do S&S until Simple, then move on something else if you wish.

I a flip flopper, too. WHY? I am discipline in person in so many other ways. Why not in this case?

I just get bored of stuff too easily. In almost every aspect of my life.

Oddly S&S is perfect for me though, it's just so minimal and doesn't require any thought. I would never be able to do a strict 3 day program because the days off would drive me nuts.

if I may humbly chime in:

only after you have completed "simple" can you truly say you are no longer a beginner..

I that I already knew a lot but completing simple taught me more than just physical aspects

I suppose I meant not a beginner, in the sense that I understand more complex techniques and can even perform them with some pretty heavy weights, but point taken. The plan is to accomplish Simple and regroup after that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom