all posts post new thread

Shawn's 31 day Keto log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ShawnM

Level 9 Valued Member
May 1st Day 1

Breakfast:
large coffee blended with 1 scoop whey, 4 tbsp. of heavy cream, 1 tbsp. coconut oil

Lunch:
3 fried eggs, 10 onces steak

Dinner:
3 eggs, 10 onces steak, 1 avocado

I haven't eaten dinner yet today but that's what I'm going with. I have had a ton of water today and will continue with 1.5-2.0 of H2O a day.

I'm not a diet expert but my understanding is you could still do keto with low glycemic veggies. Just worried about the lack of vitamins and fibre sticking with just protein and fat.

Food for thought...

Best of luck with the diet!

@ShawnM, is that 1.5-2.0 of H2O a day meant to read liters or more? I ask because I usually hit almost a gallon of water a day, between 96-128 oz daily.

Hey Shawn, that seems like a lot of protein for keto (I only did it for 3 months so I'm not an expert). I based my macros on what I estimated my lean body to be. So for me that was around 100-140g a day (6ft tall, 180lbs). Just food for thought.

@Michael Scott- Gallons.
@Ivan Merl- I'm still working on the protien to fats ratio, this week is trial and error
@Phat Tony- True, I'm going to be adding them in. Today I had Brussel sprouts cooked with bacon to get my fats and veggies in.

I am glad you posted this @ShawnM, I downloaded a free copy of The Ketogenic Diet from Amazon a while back. Seeing this thread spurred me to actually start reading it, as I am currently doing the Warrior Diet. While this one is good, I am ready to change it up. Thanks for posting this, I have some reading to do tonight.

Day 2:
Breakfast:
3 whole eggs cooked in olive oil
8 ounces of steak cooked in butter
2 cups of coffee with 4 tbsp of heavy cream

Lunch:
6 ounces of steak cooked in olive oil
2 cups of Brussel sprouts cooked with bacon

Dinner:
10 ounces of steak cooked in butter
2 avocados mixed with pico

Snack ( later tonight ):
2 tbsp of peanut butter in shake with 4 tbsp of heavy cream, 1 cup of whey and 2 cups of water

Tomorrow I'll start tracking macros with my fitness pal app

Day 3
Breakfast:
6 eggs scrambled with 1 ounce of cheese
1 cup of mashed avocado

Lunch:
Low carb wrap with olives, feta, red onions and salmon

Snack:
24 slices of salami ( 1 inch diameter )

Dinner:
1 cup spagetti squash
2 cups of meat sauce loaded with hot sausages

Bed time ( later )
1 scoop whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 2 cups H2O

I've noticed I'm having crazy arthritis flair ups this week. I plan to do a high carb, low fat, heavy beer day Saturday and will see how I feel, minus a headache, on Sunday.

I've noticed I'm having crazy arthritis flair ups this week. I plan to do a high carb, low fat, heavy beer day Saturday and will see how I feel, minus a headache, on Sunday.

Have you noticed becoming significantly drier?

I have gout, which is pretty similar to, if not a form of arthritis. I definitely notice it if I suddenly get drier or lose a lot of water weight at once. One of the worst flares I've ever had came up with the start of a keto diet.

@Antti- Yes, much drier. I didn't think of that. Thanks so much for that information, it makes a ton of sense. I'll probably adjust from 20 grams of carbs up to 80-100 and see how I feel. Thanks again.

Day 4
Breakfast:
2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops of whey, 3 cups H2 O

Lunch:
Taco salad with 8 ounces ground beef, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 ounce cheese, pico and advacado

Dinner:
16 ounces steak, peppers, onions, Brussel sprouts cooked with bacon

Arthritis is killing me so I'm increasing my water intake. I'll ride it out a few days and then make adjustments

It's interesting you should mention that because my hands have been pretty dry recently and I can't figure out why, but I have definitely been in ketosis for about two weeks. I feel mentally and physically better than I did before tightening up my diet though so I'm just going to hit them with some lotion.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom