all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

5 km on cross-country skiing. Very slow speed.
33 minutes on a stationary bike.
Fasting for 20 hours.

So som goals I want to achieve with my current training program:

15 minutes suitcase walk with 36 kilo. (I can change hand when I want.) Current record is 5 minutes.
60 kilo 2h swing for 20 minutes. 1 reps E20sec.
Axe. Max reps. 1 h swing. 40 kilo. 30 minutes. Current record: 36 kilo. max reps. 10 minutes (I think).
Push ups: 22 kilo back pack 5/5. no weight is the weight I am working with now.
Gorilla Rows: 28 kilo: 6/5. 20 kilo is the weight I am working with now.
Backward lunges: 32 kilo: 6/5 (each foot). 24 kilo is the weight I am working with now.

I am in no hurry. The goal used to be to use my training for entertainment. Now my goal is to cultivate discipline and to accept boredom. As well as I can I hope to become more and more adult, and program hopping is a phenomenon that does not exist on the road I want to take.

I have also started to experiment with fasting.

Hypertrophy day:

Push-ups between between kettlebells. No weight. Feet on a step. 6/4.
Gorilla rows (one hand at a time). 6/4@ 20 kilo.
Backward lunges one foot at a time. 5/4@20.

Biceps hammer curl with dumbbells. 6/8@12 kilo pr. hand. Short rests. Less than a minute.

Hypertrophy training:

Push ups between kettlebells: 6/4
Gorilla rows (completing one set with one arm before moving until the next arm): @20: 6/4
Backward lunges@24: 5/4
Biceps curl: Sets with 20 or 24 kilo kettlebell. Used a rope. 5 to 9 reps.

Some training for the back of the shoulders.

Next time I want to do stretching the relevant muscle between sets. I read here on this forum that this could be beneficial for hypertrophy.

E20SEC 1 rep@48 kilo kb. 11 minutes.
Goblet squat@36: 6/3
Clam shells achieving a mild burn in my gluteus medius. Hoping that doing this for six months can reduce some of my back stiffness.

Push ups between kettlebells: 6/5
Gorilla rows (completing one set with one arm before moving until the next arm): @20: 6/5
Backward lunges@24: 5/5
Biceps curl: Sets with 20 or 24 kilo kettlebell. Used a rope. 5 to 9 reps.

Three weeks meditation retreat. No training.
Now Im back again.
Hypertrophy training.

Deep Bulgaria splits no weight. Got cramps in the hamstring after one set. Did seated leg extension after that( standing on my two knees bending backward in the knees.
Guerilla rows one hand at a time pr. Set@16 kilo: 6,8,6.
Also tried to do kb pullovers with 16 and 20 kilo. Too light for the muscle, but got discomfort in forearms.
Knuckle push ups: 10,6,8,6 ( must take longer pauses)
Tapping planks: 12/4. ( Perfect for a light day, nice exercise)

A couple of pointers to myself (and others if they want)

1) I have enough information and knowledge about training and exercise. I will try to limit the amount of seminars I participate in. I already have participated in Plan strong, Built strong, Strong Endurance and Improvisation. I also own all the Pavel books. And I have had different SFG coaches watch my technique. This with technique might be improved upon, but I will limit me going to more seminars in the near future. Time to apply the knowledge I already have.
2) Stick with one training program until relatively ambitious goal is achieved.
3) Patience is important.
4) Proper technique is important.
5) I should try to accept higher volume in the future. It is something I have not liked so far in life. I prefer very short training programs. Around 20-30 minutes. That is good and makes me able to train every single day. I should however try to sometimes train for an hour. I have to sometimes accept boredom.
6) Consistency beats intensity ( I think this is true for most areas in life).

Ate too much chocolate. Felt bad conscience and thought I should train a bit to lower the spike of my blood sugar, and just because training is fun.

Did a short circuit:

A bit of step-up on my small step.
Push-ups between kettlebells. Feet on my low step (20 cm)
Did a couple of sets of dumbbells snatch 20 kilo.

A fun work-out. Derek Toshner seems to hold snatch and step-ups in high esteem. Maybe I should when my current projects are over start to work on this circuit and start to work towards some goals there. I especially find quick side step-ups very entertaining.

Glycolytic work-out:

Around one minute bicycling on a stationary bike. Second highest level of resistance
Push-ups until very tired. (one set)
Band rows with a blue Iron Woody band. Explosive. 12 reps
Kettlebell deadlift 12 reps@48 kilo.

3 rounds.
30-seconds til 1 minute pauses between sets and between rounds.
It felt quite good. Did not feel that I was dying. Did not feel dizzy. Felt good to take a bit of rest between sets too. I might push a bit more on the push-ups next time. Maybe have a sort of drop-set.
Deadlift felt right. I feel deadlift is very hard on the whole body, even though it is a relatively light weight.

AXE@36: 1 h swing. Max reps pr. set. 16 sets. Moderate effort. (New PR) Sorry to say, but I still imagine a very bright future when I will be able to use to 40 kilo KB for Axe.
I did a warm-up consisting of the regular S&S warm-up exercises + flexible steel exercises.
At the end I did some training for my forearms + cool-down stretches from S&S.

Yesterday I waked 30 000 steps.

Second work-out of easy week.

Deep Bulgarian lunges: No weight: 2 sets of 7.
@8 kilo kb: 1 set of 5

Biceps curl: @20 kilo: 3 sets of 10
@28: 3 sets of 4

Fist push-up: 3 sets of 10
Pike push-up (feet on a low step, hands on two kettlebells:) One set of 4 and one set of 5.
Gorilla rows: @16: 10,10,8
@24: 5,5

Tapping push ups: 15,12,10.

Planned to do four sets of each exercise but felt tired so just reduced the volume.

Back
Top Bottom