all posts post new thread

Simple and beyond

axe@36 kilo. max reps set. 23 repeats. (new PR).

Im curious about the double espresso workout.

I am thinking about doing some psoas and glute-work to possible alleviate my back pain.
It could be that I forget to hold my plank to quickly in the one hand swing.
Next time I will focus on holding the plank for as long as it takes. I will also not chase another PR.

axe@36 kilo. max reps set. 23 repeats. (new PR).

Im curious about the double espresso workout.

I am thinking about doing some psoas and glute-work to possible alleviate my back pain.
It could be that I forget to hold my plank to quickly in the one hand swing.
Next time I will focus on holding the plank for as long as it takes. I will also not chase another PR.
I was doing the double expresso once a week last spring/summer. One of the instructors has an article in the article section that described it before AXE came out. I think it was Mike Torres, but I might be wrong. I did enjoy the training, it worked well.

I was doing the double expresso once a week last spring/summer. One of the instructors has an article in the article section that described it before AXE came out. I think it was Mike Torres, but I might be wrong. I did enjoy the training, it worked well.
Interesting I will try to find the article. Have you any suggestion about what I should search for.

Hypertrophy training:

Biceps curl with rope@28: 4,4
@24: 7
@20: 5,3

Push ups between kettlebells @no weight: 8,5,4,6
With a back-pack weighing (still between kettlebells) 11 kilo: 5,3,4

Gorilla rows@24: 4,3,3
@28:2,2,1,1
@20: 6,6,5

Hollow holds@ arms pointing towards toes: 2 sets.
@arms above head pointing opposite direction of toes: 2 sets.

Backward lunges@24: 6,4,4
@16:9,6,4
@28: 2,1

I know you mentioned this at the outset, and apologies if it’s old news, but what is ‘Timeless’ or ‘Timed’ Solid, is this something in between Simple and Sinister?

In some cases its best to simply look at adaptive response based on improvements from baseline or maintained at a higher level. You’re almost better off NOT knowing the supposed reason for some training approaches beyond what it will do for you.

The state of understanding of exercise and metabolic physiology does not stand still. Eg many people still adhere to the notion that lactic acid buildup is responsible for fatigue-reduced muscle contraction force.

/www.strongfirst.com/minimalist-kettlebell-training-for-maximal-returns-in-bjj/

Here you go.
Thanks. I don't think this is double expresso. I think this is one of the progressions in Kettlebell strongfirst sold at Strong and fit.

I know you mentioned this at the outset, and apologies if it’s old news, but what is ‘Timeless’ or ‘Timed’ Solid, is this something in between Simple and Sinister?

In some cases its best to simply look at adaptive response based on improvements from baseline or maintained at a higher level. You’re almost better off NOT knowing the supposed reason for some training approaches beyond what it will do for you.

The state of understanding of exercise and metabolic physiology does not stand still. Eg many people still adhere to the notion that lactic acid buildup is responsible for fatigue-reduced muscle contraction force.

/www.strongfirst.com/minimalist-kettlebell-training-for-maximal-returns-in-bjj/

Here you go.
Thanks. I don't think this is double expresso. I think this is one of the progressions in Kettlebell strongfirst sold at Strong and fit.

Yesterday: 40 minutes on a stationary bike.
I get the feeling that my condition has improved somewhat. I feel fine despite bicycling quite quickly and with moderate resistance.

Despite not training very hard I did it 1,5 hours before bed-time and I think it disturbed my sleep. Will try to keep the training and sleep more separated.

Power wheel roll out from knees: 5,5,4
Hollow rocking: 2 sets.

Biceps curl with rope: @16: 8,10
@20; 7
@24: 6

Goblet squat: @20:12
@24:7
@28: 8
@36:7

(Too easy)

Peak-push up ( triangle with hips pointing up in the air, feet on a step and hands on two kettlebells: 4,3
Deep push-ups: 7,5
Deep push up with 12 kilo back Pack: 4
Fist push up on the floor: 6

Gorilla rows: @16:8,6,6
@28: 3,2,1
@24: 4

Maybe consider taking longer breaks.

25 minutes of random play with a step.
Some step-ups.
Quick side-step ups. 20 side-step ups pr. interval.
Some step ups on a high step ( a chair)
Some step-ups with 14 kilo back pack.
Some pull-ups.

Hypertrophy training:

I would like to set some PR´s in:

Volume
Max reps
Weight

Maybe 30 reps, 40 reps and 50 reps (totalt pr. exercise pr. session)

9 minutes KB-walk with 20 kilo. A bit easy. I will increase it to 11 minutes with 20 kilo. I will keep it to 4 minutes for te 28 and 7 minutes with the 24 kilo. Once pr.month I will also try the 36 kilo. I will soon try this exercise with 12 minutes with 36 kilo.

Strengt aerobics:

Classic@20 kilo. 4 repeats.
Classic with 2 reps with press@20. 4 repeats
Classic with 24 kilo and 1 reps neutral pull-ups. 10 repeats
Classic wit 28 kilo and 1 rep neutral pull-ups. 8 repeats
Classic with 24, 2 reps press and 1 rep pull-ups: 4 repeats.

Did this in 24 minutes. Fun workout.

Iron cardio:

Going by feel. Trying to not push myself too hard.

Classic set up, but with double press, and one pull up for every second classic set@20 kilo: 20 repeats.
(this included 10 pull ups, each repeat one rep)

Double classic set@16+20: 10 repeats.

In total: Press, each hand: 30 reps.
Pull-ups: 10 reps
Squat movement: 30 reps
Cleans, pr. hand: 20 cleans pr hand.
90 reps in total.

24 minutes. I quite much liked this training.

My next mini goals: 30 repeats with 20 kilo IC. (press focused + 1 pull-up for every other set)
20 repeats with classical 24 kilo (IC).
15 repeats with classical 28 kilo (IC)
Double KB (16+20): 20 repeats.
I will also lay in some sessions where I am not setting any records :)

In my KB-mile training I will also start including training with 36 and 32.

BIG IC goal:

Classic 32 kilo with press focus (2 reps) and 1 pull up every other set. 40 sets in 40 minutes.
Double: Classic with press focus 2 reps: 28+28. 40 sets in 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom