all posts post new thread

Slater’s log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Plan 015 24kg - No warm up, nothing after.

I absolutely love this plan. I am excited to see how this all translates to my martial arts practice. I enjoy doing this practice a lot as well. The simplicity of it and being able to train power without bothering my shoulder injuries like I can do with barbell OLY lifts. I plan to run this 2 months at least. Then switching back towards timed simple.

Plan 015 - 45 lb
Goblet squat 100 lb 3 x 5
Pull ups 5 sets of 5
Cable Curls and press downs 2 sets 15-20 (for vanity purposes)

yesterday I did bjj in the AM and Muay Thai in the PM.
I will possibly go to a bjj class tonight depending on how I recover from this work out and how much studying I get done.

Plan 015
Easy strength (hypertrophy focus)

noticeably getting fuller muscles. I doubted that I would see any different doing plan 015. As usual I was wrong when doubting a pavel program.

ECE7A497-D927-41CA-B891-734E2C3EDBA1.jpeg

Plan 015 45 lb kb

Easy strength

Front squats pause on bottom 5,3,2 up to 185 lb
Military press 95 lb 3 x 5
Pull ups 5 x 5 various grips
Farmer walk with 90 and 100 lb kettlebells x 2

plan 015 is really correcting my one hand swing form. I always had trouble finding my groove with the left hand. Now it feels as smooth as the right.

I am noticing hypertrophy in my upper body that i didnt have before. My strength feels better in all my lifts. Everything feels like its going up easier.

my bjj power endurance has gotten better as well. I feel the same amount of power as i do at the start of the round. Which i wasnt before.

Plan 015 24 kg swings
Farmers walk 32 and 24 kg kb x 2

Cutting back on the volume i do after plan 015 to 1-2 extra exercises.

CA0EC44A-FA0E-4DE0-B2F5-C61359831870.jpeg
Diet is the same. Bjj 4 times a week. Only thing different is plan 015.

Goblet squat 3 x 5
One hand swings 100 32kg
Bench press 5 x 5 up to 225 lb
Pull ups 5 sets 5 reps

Was going to stop plan 015 today but being able to blow through 100 one hand swings with 32 kg and easily bench press 225 lb 5 times with plenty left in the tank, I will continue to do plan 015 for another month. I never felt like i owned 32 kg swings one handed until today. I also havent been able to bench 225 in ages and today it went up like it was my first set.

Plan 015
Front squats pause on bottom 135 lb 5 x 5
Back squat pause on bottom 135 lb 1 x 10
Pull ups 5 x 5 various grips. Five second hold at the top after each 5 reps.
stretching

Rest day.
Solid week of training.
4 days of bjj.
Two days of plan 015.

I have noticed my performance in the gym improve. I havent seen any direct improvements in bjj from plan 015 but i didnt assume there would be anything like that. I do think in the big picture plan 015 will help with bjj as it will improve my ability in other programs and the armor building will help as well.

One thing to note is that i have been training 4-5 times a week in bjj with no issue at all. So the program at the very least lets me be able to train bjj as much as i want with out making me feel beat up.

I have been using a more defensive and passive rolling style lately in bjj. I have been working on countering my opponents aggressiveness to catch them in a submission. I will start doing a more aggressive and athletic style next week to see if i can see any differences in performance from plan 015.

Morning:
Bjj technique and rolling for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Evening:
Plan 015
Pull ups 5 x 5
Trap bar deadlift 225 lb 4 x 3
OHP 135 lb 3 x 3
Back squats 135 lb 1 set of 15

Felt good today so i did some additional work. Mentally i am ready to switch to another program. I will ride out plan 015 for a few more weeks and finish it out strong. After this ill do a easy strength type program to add some strength back and give me some of the variety i crave after doing a minimalist program for a while.

BJJ twice today.
Fifth session this week.
I wasnt noticing a direct relation from plan 015 and bjj but i dont remember the last time i have done bjj this much and not been completely beat up.

Did six bjj classes last week. Not sure if i ever done that before. Feel great. All around i have been trainer smarter not harder.

AM:
Bjj

PM:
Warm up - halos and goblets
Bench press 3 sets 3 reps 215lb on last
Deadlifts 3 x 3 305 on last set
Front squats 3 x 8 reps
Pulldowns 3 x 8 reps
barbell curls 3 x 8 reps
Dumbbell rolling tricep extensions 3 x 12-20 reps

Working on some easy strength and armor building now.

Tues: Bjj
Weds: bjj

shoulders slightly beat up from mondays workout. Need to dial back the intensity or volume. Got caught up in enjoying the workout.

Warm up:
Prying goblets and halos

practice:
A+A snatches 24 kg emom 5 reps 20 min
Goblet squats and kb rows 32 kg 3 x 5

Warm up:
Halos and goblets.
c + p few sets

workout:
Bench press 185 lb 3 sets 8 reps
Sumo deadlift up to 315 lb 3 sets 3 reps
High bar back squats up to 185 lb 3 sets 8 reps
Dumbbell rows 80 lb 3 sets 15 reps
Suitcase walk 100lb kb both hands x 2
Dumbbell curls and rope press downs 3 sets 15-20

doing a set up from Dan John for armor building. Still strength on the hinge movement but everything else is for armor building.

AM :
Bjj good class. Rolled with two black belts. One who is famous in the bjj world.

PM:
Kb press 3 sets 8 16kg
Kb row 3 sets 8 32kg
Swings 5 sets of 5 32 kg
Goblets 3 sets 8 32 kg
Turkish get ups very slow 24kg x 1 each side.

Today
Rest

Yesterday:

Kb snatches 3 sets 10 reps
Back squats 3 sets 12 reps
Pull downs 3 sets 10 reps
Cable curls 3 sets 10 reps
Pressdowns 3 sets 10 reps

Barbell military press 3 x 8
Front squat 3 x 10
Rack pull 3 x 10
Barbell shrugs 2 x 10, 1 x 20
Press downs 3 x 15
Barbell curls 3 x 10
Suitcase walks both sides x 2 90lb kb

Bench press 3 sets 10
Dumbbell rows 3 sets 12
(Squat) Cleans 8 sets 2 reps worked up to 205lb.
pull ups and dips 2 sets 10 reps each
Farmers walk 90 and 100 kg kb x 2

Yesterday:
Barbell OHP 3 sets 8
Barbell rows 3 sets 8
Rack pulls 3 sets 5
Zercher squats 3 sets 8
Dips and pull ups 3 sets 10 and 5

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom