all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Snatch test record

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Both these athletes are crazy. The first guy for throwing down the gauntlet and maintaining a more traditional hard style form. Levi for taking up the challenge and doing it same day without any prep or peaking. Freaking outstanding effort to both of them.

Both these athletes are crazy. The first guy for throwing down the gauntlet and maintaining a more traditional hard style form. Levi for taking up the challenge and doing it same day without any prep or peaking. Freaking outstanding effort to both of them.
And, what's more, neither has a squatty hinge...

Last edited:
And, what's more, neither has a squatty hinge...

True. But in defense of the squatty hinge (which varies in degrees from helpful in early degrees to poor form in larger degrees), that particular discussion was about snatching a weight heavier than one can complete a snatch test with. For example, my snatch test weight is 16kg, and I would do 5 powerful (very slightly squatty; more knee bend) reps with 28kg. I might only be able to complete a snatch test with 20kg (closest I came with that was 94 reps).

That’s seriously impressive on both counts but the first guy maintains a HS approach throughout and as Anna said maintains nose breathing till 3 mins in. Take a bow my friend.. that is savage work..

which varies in degrees from helpful in early degrees to poor form in larger degrees
Couldn't be said better.
It's also takes a certain degree of mastery to adapt some oly barbell snatch curves into kettlebell snatch (which I clearly see in some of the modern hardstyle snatch practitioners), without turning it into simple quad dominance.

Olenkowicz can jerk 375#/170kg & hang snatch 330/150, so that KB must seem manageable. All these are beasts.

Last edited:
All I can say is now I have a new goal... snatch test @40kg!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom