all posts post new thread

Barbell SQUAT BIG PLATES FOR REPS CHALLENGE - 2023

Thought I’d throw in my entry.

I got 70 reps with 60kg.

A few *’s
- 3rd session of the day
- not a deload week but last week was very heavy so there’s a lot of built up fatigue
- my leg’s definitely had more I stopped primarily because of the pins and needles in my arms due to the bar being on my back for so long (the whole set was about 4 min)

Gonna try for 100 reps when I’m a little more fresh. Maybe then go for an attempt at 100kg. Whoever started this thread; thanks! This was a lot of fun

Excellent showing @Simply strong ! What squat variant was this? What is your 1RM in this variant?
Thanks. High bar back squat. I’m definitely built for endurance! My 1RM is unknown. I did a good set of 4 with 120kg a few weeks ago but that was focusing maximal speed.

I’m definitely not very strong when stood next to a lot of people on this form; however I’d be upset if I didn’t have the best cardio and I’d fight to place for the best endurance… not that I’m competitive

Thought I’d throw in my entry.

I got 70 reps with 60kg.

A few *’s
- 3rd session of the day
- not a deload week but last week was very heavy so there’s a lot of built up fatigue
- my leg’s definitely had more I stopped primarily because of the pins and needles in my arms due to the bar being on my back for so long (the whole set was about 4 min)

Gonna try for 100 reps when I’m a little more fresh. Maybe then go for an attempt at 100kg. Whoever started this thread; thanks! This was a lot of fun
I once did a set of 50 with 60kg, was not a pleasant experience - except for the sense of accomolishment afterwards. Wide stance and below parallel (ie my normal style). If I had known at the start I was to do 50 it probably wouldn't have happened, but shooting for 20 then 25, let's make it 30 etc is easier, unless of course you are just trying to trick yourself that you are not going for 50. The pins and needles in the arms and shoulder pain made it difficult.

So I will leave the challenge to you braver people, and full respect to you all!

Back
Top Bottom