all posts post new thread

"The Best All-Around Training Method EVER"- 6 months in, I'd say YES!!!!!

Does anyone remember what the article was that had a KB heavy press program. The program was 4x1, 6x1, 8x1, 10x1, 12x1, 14x1 and then maybe 3x2 and so on. I don't remember how the routine continued. The article was titled something related to an Asian drink. I looked in the forum where they put a link, as well as in the articles, but I could not find it.

new PR tonight- double c & j on the left with the beast and a triple on the right- (with way more to spare on the right)

again, this is a MASSIVE WTH effect and my sprint running and jumping is coming along nicely with just a bit of focused work...
Congrats, but I’m not sure getting stronger in the movement you have been practicing for the better part of a year is a WTH effect.

I'm wondering if the same or similar effect to the A+A idea would be achieved if you didn't do C&J every 30 seconds, but rotated the hands every minute. For example, at 00.01 you do C&J with the left hand and immediately after with the right. And not as indicated, where at the beginning of the minute you perform with one hand, and after 30 seconds with the other hand.

I'm wondering if the same or similar effect to the A+A idea would be achieved if you didn't do C&J every 30 seconds, but rotated the hands every minute. For example, at 00.01 you do C&J with the left hand and immediately after with the right. And not as indicated, where at the beginning of the minute you perform with one hand, and after 30 seconds with the other hand.
I think it might work upt to CJC or even CJCJ, but after that I am pretty sure that I would change the effect. LCCJs just take more time than other ballistics.

And it would be a bit more like the interval-series method in Q&D, where the sets are not spread evenly throughout the session. (See chapter "the Melody is in the Rests" in Q&D).

i guess what i've seen is an increase in max strength (one quality) developing while focusing on an entirely different quality (strength endurance with much very much submaximal weights)

kind of like improving max sprinting speed while doing long slow distance...
Speaking of long slow distance:

Here is my HR doing sets of 2 for 30 minutes with my working bell:
Screenshot_20230826_161827_Polar Beat.jpg

And this is my HR profile for doing sets of 1 for 60 minutes, alternating between my working bell and a 4 kg heavier bell:
Screenshot_20230828_174818_Polar Beat.jpg
Lower HR overall, but similar time spent in the "blue" zone.

You'd end up doing 30 seconds plus of work for your hinge and leave A+A territory. Just do Plan 2A instead!?

I like the idea of using push press for this. Good to hear you’re getting strength and conditioning with it. Will keep it in mind.

If doing double bells, do you just do a set EMOM?
Sorry for the late reply but I was dealing with Covid in the middle of a vacation in Australia. Yes I do a set EMOM.

What do you guys think about alternating 4 week blocks of this with a block of The Giant a la Giant + KSK alternating blocks.
Or even 2 week of this and 2 week of Giant.
I think it sounds like a great idea.

Personally, I am in favor of 2-week-blocks and have had great success with it (doing ROP instead of the Giant).

This post (and thread) might inspire you for your own setup:

Here is what Fabio Zonin once wrote to me about block lengths:
Yes, generally a training plan induces adaptations for the first two weeks, and the following 2-4 stabilize the latter.
This means that if you carry on a plan for, let's say, 6 weeks, the adaptations will last longer than if you carry it on for 2 weeks only.

That said, block training usually works very well alternating blocks of 2-4 weeks.
With 2 weeks, as it is on ROTK, it is true that you don't have extra weeks for stabilization, but it's also true that after 2 weeks you are back to the plan.
With 4 weeks, you have 2 weeks for stabilization, but you will come back to the plan later.
With 4-week blocks you usually need at least some maintenance volume. But you might find that C&P and C&J are close enough to feed into each other.

I think it sounds like a great idea.

Personally, I am in favor of 2-week-blocks and have had great success with it (doing ROP instead of the Giant).

This post (and thread) might inspire you for your own setup:

Here is what Fabio Zonin once wrote to me about block lengths:

With 4-week blocks you usually need at least some maintenance volume. But you might find that C&P and C&J are close enough to feed into each other.
Thanks for your reply @Bauer. Your post in the thread is really comprehensive.

I am almost finished my Hypertrophy cycle and want to go alternating Strength & Power/Endurance. That's why I asked the question.

And I notice that usually around week 3 I will get bored with a program, I still finish it but the motivation kinda dwindle there so I sometimes take a deload week. 2 weeks blocks seems good enough to address that, I didn't know the caveat about stabilization & adaption before. So thanks again for your post.

Another question: what if instead of The Giant, I alternate this with Easy Strength program? ES have more exercise variety. But will it carry over smoothly with the C&J?

Another question: what if instead of The Giant, I alternate this with Easy Strength program? ES have more exercise variety. But will it carry over smoothly with the C&J?
You're welcome:
I would think that it should work.

In Easy Strength (and in some podcasts), Dan John recommends to alternate two-week-blocks of PTTP and Program Minimum (a.k.a. S&S). In other words: An easy grind block, alternated with an easy KB ballistic block. If you combine this with the idea of ROTK (two weeks of presess and DLs, two weeks of LCCJ), it would totally make sense to alternate Even Easier Strength (kind of like PTTP with more leeway and variety) and KBSF LCCJ (with Goblet Squats and TGU as a warmup).

This way you would always cover most of Dan John's movement matrix (source).

Screenshot_2021-01-21_at_13.21.37.png

Back at the program after a month delay due to a vacation and Covid. Accomplished about half the workload that I was working at but didnt want to push to hard and felt that I had a good workout. Hopefully, I'll have no more interruptions as I am really enjoying this program.

Back
Top Bottom