all posts post new thread

"The Best All-Around Training Method EVER"- 6 months in, I'd say YES!!!!!

Anytime I do A+A I always add some size the nice thing about the KBSF C&J protocol is it's only 2 days a week which gives you some flexibility in other days to do stuff

You could do the A+A pullups or A+A swing protocol from the newsletters, you could run the 2 day reloaded system etc which would further enhance GAINZZZ

Y

Yes single bell, i'm not strong enough and skill enough for double bells (yet)
If you can C+J+C+J+C the 28, it's definitely not a strength problem. And as for the skill, it might be weird but I find the single bell CJ harder to do than double.
You might just be not mobile yet for the double, but it can be quickly addressed.

If you can C+J+C+J+C the 28, it's definitely not a strength problem. And as for the skill, it might be weird but I find the single bell CJ harder to do than double.
You might just be not mobile yet for the double, but it can be quickly addressed.
How would you quickly address that out of curiosity?

Maybe next time, since september i will do ±8weeks od QnD then back to C&J maybe with 32 kg and after another block of QnD i may try doubles.

FWIW my two go-to mobility drills for overhead exercises:
1. Wall reference dolphin push-up. Assume the dolphin pose from yoga simultaneously placing your feet on the wall, the first metatarsal on the ground. Start bending your knees, stop when your knees are 1 cm above the groundgo back up but focus on pushing with your elbows simultaneously. Forarms must be paralel, especially during the concentric phase. This aims to teach you correcti serratus anterior engagement while pressing and unteach the depress-your-scapula cue. Perform 2x15-25
2. Medicine ball sitted rotations. Overhead mobility is very often related to the thoracic rotation or lack thereof. Sit on a chair with some firm object inbetween your knees. Hug a medicine ball, basketball or any other ball of similar size. Rotate to one side. Then, rotated bend forward, then bend back. If during any phase of this movement you feel any tightness (most likely between a scapula and your spine) stop for a second and try to "take a breath into this place". Repeat on the other side.

If you want to go deeper here's a great video by Conor Harris:

Remember all the mobility issues are holistic in nature and your lack of mobility might come down to something as distant as pelvis-diaphragm positioning, hip-flexor strength, etc.

Feeling the same! Single LC is quite harder than doubles for me. I've been training with double 24, and can easily handle single 36 for the KBSF plan. Tried it for once, feeling a lot less comfortable.

This thread is fantastic. Thank you.

Has anyone done a combo of KBSF C+J plus classic A+A snatches? 4 days per week, two of each? This idea is what I'm leaning towards after completing kettlebell Maximorum. Seems like they'd be complementary but idk if I'd be chasing competing goals.
For me , snatches kinda beat me up, so I might do a 3x week schedule.

MWF
ABA
BAB

But it does sound like a very good combo.

Thought I'd give this C&J protocol out today since everyone is talking about it. I tested this morning doing the 6 rep test. I felt like the best starting place was 32kg since I didn't have my 36 with me. Not sure if I would have passed 6 rep test with 36. I ended up doing as prescribed in Plan A and made it to 25 minutes before I couldn't pass the talk test any longer. Felt great! 3 C&J every 30 seconds seems like that would put some serious conditioning on anyone. I can't wait to dedicate some time to this protocol and really look forward to that new book. Hopefully it will have some good C&J programming in it. Have a strong day everyone!

If the C&P is my Power exercise would it be possible to do Bent Press after as my strength exercise?
If so what volume would u recommend?

I'm really enjoying this program myself although I am using double bells with the push press instead of the jerk. I am ready to add the second push press my next workout so I am getting stronger and better conditioned. An added bonus is that this format is not beating me up which has allowed me to learn/practice the snatch on my off days. I think this program is a real keeper and is something that I can do for a long time while I try and keep the old man at bay!
I like the idea of using push press for this. Good to hear you’re getting strength and conditioning with it. Will keep it in mind.

If doing double bells, do you just do a set EMOM?

Last edited:
If the C&P is my Power exercise would it be possible to do Bent Press after as my strength exercise?
If so what volume would u recommend?
For grinds you can always follow the old rule 3-5 day a week 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps. 3-5 minutes of rest. If you do this the same day I would rest 10-15 minutes after your power session maybe even 30 minutes to approach the strength session feeling fresh. I do this with q&d. I’ll do whatever power work and just walk around for ten minutes if I feel I need longer I will and then I’ll perform the strength portion.

It can help to tire the shoulders out a bit before bent pressing to take away the tendency of pressing out the bent press. You want to move away from the weight and not press it out.

Last edited:
I was on 6th week of this plan with 28 kg, during floorball play i had collision with other player. My back and left whirst was painfull, but no injury. I decided to rest for few days, i was still active but just some pushups, running etc, mobility. Today i did some OAP, pistols,chin ups. Then 2a swings with 40 kg. After 50 swings at the end i had idea to try Clean those 40 kg which i never did before. It felt easy So i Pushpress it over my head and new PR was born. It wasnt perfect, but i felt good, And overhead position felt Safe!

Does anyone remember what the article was that had a KB heavy press program. The program was 4x1, 6x1, 8x1, 10x1, 12x1, 14x1 and then maybe 3x2 and so on. I don't remember how the routine continued. The article was titled something related to an Asian drink. I looked in the forum where they put a link, as well as in the articles, but I could not find it.

Back
Top Bottom