all posts post new thread

Bodyweight The Great Gama Protocol (GPP)

Hello everyone. It’s been a long time since I last posted, but have been closely following the bodyweight forum for awhile.

I just wanted to share my experience with Pavel M’s Gama Protocol. I am presently 3 days away from completing the 5th month of the “Morning Recharge” and can’t speak highly enough for how great I feel. I have been following the protocol as written and have not missed a single day since starting. After rotating through numerous kettlebell programs through the years (Rite of Passage, Kettlebell Muscle, various methods of A+A training, S&S, etc.), as well as a combination of running and rucking, I was really starting to feel my 53 years of wear and tear. Since following the Gama Protocol I have progressively gained most of the mobility of my younger years, and have found my various other active pursuits to have benefitted as well.

Some of the particular benefits I have found include:

- greater self-discipline through diligently completing the Morning Recharge in a fasted state every morning
- the elimination of any lingering morning stiffness
- a wonderful sense of calm to start the day
- a worthwhile compliment to most other training (even as a base program as the volume increases)
- significant improvement in body composition

My wife is now going in to her third month and is also feeling the benefits and singing the program’s praises :)

Thank you for your report - that makes me very happy.
Please keep doing what you are doing, send my best regards to your lady.
Can you please let me know your name, sir?

Thank you for your report - that makes me very happy.
Please keep doing what you are doing, send my best regards to your lady.
Can you please let me know your name, sir?
Thanks Pavel. My name is Bill Hanson. Feel free to message me. Thanks again for a great, well produced program!

Honestly? I have the program, and it wouldn't be worth it. You need both. The videos are gold. And the manual is the background and programming.
I just don't like watching vids...call me a weirdo in this new youtube era but I prefer to read and maybe some in person classes or online ones.

So I’m looking at this program as my Christmas gift. Those that use it, I just need the suggestive shove.

Hello everyone,
@Pavel Macek i have some questions about GGP.

• What do you think of GGP as a warm up before a Strength practice? (Obviously keeping the intensity of the exercises very easy)
• Is it possible mix the hindu squats and push ups with other variations? (I have seen videos of indian wrestlers who alternate the hindu push ups/squats with other variations like cossack squat).
• Is it possible to combine the hindu push ups and the hindu squats in one movement like the sapate (“Indian burpee”)?
• What do you think of neck bridge and all his variations like rolling bridge? And there are safer alternatives? (I have read many times that rolling bridge can cause neck problems in the long run, i think is happened also to Mike Tyson).

Anyway you have done really a great/perfect job with GGP.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
@Pavel Macek i have some questions about GGP.

• What do you think of GGP as a warm up before a Strength practice? (Obviously keeping the intensity of the exercises very easy)
• Is it possible mix the hindu squats and push ups with other variations? (I have seen videos of indian wrestlers who alternate the hindu push ups/squats with other variations like cossack squat).
• Is it possible to combine the hindu push ups and the hindu squats in one movement like the sapate (“Indian burpee”)?
• What do you think of neck bridge and all his variations like rolling bridge? And there are safer alternatives? (I have read many times that rolling bridge can cause neck problems in the long run, i think is happened also to Mike Tyson).

Anyway you have done really a great/perfect job with GGP.

Thanks
- I recommend GGP as a separate morning recharge, or "finisher" after strength practice - not as a warm-up.
- Yes, you can mix it with other variations, but meet your numbers first. Protocol with variations will be a follow-up program called MHP.
- Yes
- Neck bridges are not part of GGP - different bridges. We cover neck bridges with great detail and care at StrongFirst RESILIENT. If you take your time and practice correctly selected drills for your goals and purposes, all is good.

Thank you for your kind words - we are actually shooting a Czech version + pics for a book next week.

I am very interested in this but and its a Big but. Last time i heard and read about great gama was from Matt Furey

@Pavel Macek
I recommend GGP as a separate morning recharge, or "finisher" after strength practice - not as a warm-up.
Is there any other reason why you do not recommend it as a warm-up, apart from the fatigue that can accumulate?

Neck bridges are not part of GGP - different bridges.
Once you mastered the thoracic bridge would you recommend switch to the reverse push ups\bridge push ups?

We cover neck bridges with great detail and care at StrongFirst RESILIENT.
How many repetition do you recommend of SF rolling neck bridge? (like a minimum and a maximum)

Thanks

@Pavel Macek

Is there any other reason why you do not recommend it as a warm-up, apart from the fatigue that can accumulate?

Once you mastered the thoracic bridge would you recommend switch to the reverse push ups\bridge push ups?

How many repetition do you recommend of SF rolling neck bridge? (like a minimum and a maximum)

Thanks
1. Arm swings, a few pumps (mountain/cobra), yes, otherwise, no. In most of the strength drills, we keep our spine neutral. In GGP, the spine goes into flexion/extension, exercises are done in (relatively) high reps, etc. My personal warm-up for strength training is literally 0: but I do my morning recharge every morning, to be "always ready". So again - GGP is not designed to be a warm-up before your strength training, but as "morning recharge", or the stand-alone program, or "finisher". Please refer to the manual.

2. Why not - you can make it as complex or as minimalistic as you want. The new version I am shooting next weekend is even more minimalistic. "Nothing extra".

3. I recommend starting with manual resistance exercises, an easy (wall version) of the rolling neck bridge, and other wall drills. The MED is 2x-3x/week, 2-3 sets of about 20 reps - but done correctly. Again, please refer to StrongFirst RESILIENT - a for the neck, it pays off to be careful.

Back
Top Bottom