all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Wolf

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
SF happens to focus on "park bench" strength programs. Pavel has, however, written about hypertrophy and "bus bench" training, e. g. in Beyond Bodybuilding.

Since you are probably planning to train another couple of years this is not a either/or decision. There is a time for everything.

in that context tho, if one understands how to constantly use and monitor the RPE scale from session to session, you can learn how to stay relatively fresh and not fizzle out quickly

I'm into my 2nd week, and can already feel the burn / fatigue even on rest days. Hence, will not be doing S&S or other programs, and will just go on walks, or do OS resets for rest.

Can you share where you found the book? Is it in print?
Not sure if it’s still available online! I was confused at all the use of acronyms and initialism’s, until I remembered and asked my old buddy to borrow the book again’ just started the wolf again. Shoulders were PUMPED! Then finished it off with 10 minutes EMOM of 10-24kg swings and 5-BW deadlifts.

Brutal.

Finished Week 2 today.

Down 2 lbs. Following the program to the T -- keeping rest days as rest days.

Nutrition is low carb -- keeping it to 50g or less. I attribute this mostly to the weight loss. Shoulders are looking more cut, which in turn makes triceps look cut. Nice side affect.

Dreading Week 6 Day 3. Mentally preparing myself for the hurt. Hopefully my forearms can hang on for all the sets, that is my weakness.

I am practicing this complex while finishing up burn extreme.

My strength is lifting heavy weights for my size in short burts, so doing the wolf almost kills me.

I really don’t have the cardio to do this even with way too light weights at the moment, but im working up to it.

Is the low carb a recent thing or are you doing it as a part of GN’s protocol for MKM?

Current low carb macros for 6 weeks is part of GN's MKM protocol. On training days the guidance is to eat about the carb equivalent of veggies + 1 sweet potato. Non-training days, just veggies for your carbs.

I probably won't sustain a diet like this long term, because I like food too much :). Generally, I try to keep carb intake to below 120-150g per day. The goal is to drop 5lb to shed some of the holiday weight, and then maintain. Will be back to S&S 32kg simple standard training after I run through this cycle. That is most likely going to consume my year :p

How you all have the cardio for this is beyond me. Im practing the complex’s. Just did the snatch day complex of the wolf with 20kgs for three sets and it about killed me. Sets 1 and 2 went good but the third one i had to pause halfway through and finish later because I couldn’t breath.

This type of training is just so different for me as im use to do low rep stuff with the 32kgs

How you all have the cardio for this is beyond me. Im practing the complex’s. Just did the snatch day complex of the wolf with 20kgs for three sets and it about killed me. Sets 1 and 2 went good but the third one i had to pause halfway through and finish later because I couldn’t breath.

This type of training is just so different for me as im use to do low rep stuff with the 32kgs

The key is to go light enough that you can do the 1st week's complexes as written then trust on the progressions to take you through the later weeks.

Try double 16s if you have them.

The key is to go light enough that you can do the 1st week's complexes as written then trust on the progressions to take you through the later weeks.

Try double 16s if you have them.

You’re probably right, i did a set with 16’s before the 20’s and thought it was too easy to be effective but i tend to underestimate how fatigue sets in

I'm into Week 4 - sticking with the diet and rest days as prescribed.

Still down 2 lb, the sets of 5 in Week 3 burn :)

I'm starting to notice that my achilles heel is getting slightly sore. I am wondering if that is from doing a lot of front squats. Could be my form too, but I did notice that when i was doing Dry Fighting Weight last year, I started to feel the same thing.

Finished the cycle. Final stats:

- lost 2 lbs. I attribute it fully to the diet. It’s basically low carb and lots of veggies. Didn’t quite get to losing 5lb. I don’t think I re-comp’ed either Oh well.

- week 6 day 3 burns :)

- my shoulders/tris are a little more defined.

It was a fun 6 weeks! Definitely recommend! My goal is to get stronger and repeat this with 2x24kg. Maybe in a years time if all goes well.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom