all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

Yoga is bad for the back...
Seriously? I thought its panacea! But really, I do not care about yoga. This sit-rise try was motivated by
discussion elswhere on the forum where it was called 'fantastic test' or something along those lines.
I'd tried it and saw nothing fantastic about that. I just wanted to put the money where my mouth was, haha.

Watch out comrade, yoga invades StrongFirst!

Sit-and-rise test for amusement of the dear reader. Can't show
for any meaningful weights, yet, so at least this fun.

Seriously? I thought its panacea! But really, I do not care about yoga. This sit-rise try was motivated by
discussion elswhere on the forum where it was called 'fantastic test' or something along those lines.
I'd tried it and saw nothing fantastic about that. I just wanted to put the money where my mouth was, haha.

Can you do it without crossed legs?

Hmm, I understood it so that legs are supposed to be crossed, and google seemed to agree.

I understand one can get up from the ground in many ways.

I saw Steve post a video of his example. I think I've done such myself in the past, which obviously points out it's sadly not a feat at all.

But for what at least I was talking about in the thread, which may have derailed a bit, was the deck squat without any momentum.

Have you tried it?

I understand one can get up from the ground in many ways.

Sure, but specifically this sit-rise test should be done with crossed legs, I think.

I saw Steve post a video of his example. I think I've done such myself in the past, which obviously points out it's sadly not a feat at all.

Exactly, nothing fantastic or special. Maybe for crippled or very old or so.

But for what at least I was talking about in the thread, which may have derailed a bit, was the deck squat without any momentum.

Have you tried it?

I spent some minutes on youtube trying to find out what deck squat is. Looks like the helluva
of momentum is part of the move?!

In the deck squat, the momentum is a big part of it. Which is why there would be a challenge to do it without any. Or at least it felt like a challenge to me and I was surprised to see it happen.

In the deck squat, the momentum is a big part of it. Which is why there would be a challenge to do it without any. Or at least it felt like a challenge to me and I was surprised to see it happen.
OK, so yur starting position is on your a#@ or feets or both?

Yoga is bad for the back...
I have heard from the webs that there is one yoga which makes miracles for hips, backs and shoulders. DDP Yoga... it's propably just marketing, but DDP is over 60 yo old and he has only bone on bone in his spine and still he can do amazing things.. then again marketing is marketing. :D

Anyway DDP as a person is real deal.. or atleast as real as prowrestler can be. :D

I have heard from the webs that there is one yoga which makes miracles for hips, backs and shoulders. DDP Yoga... it's propably just marketing, but DDP is over 60 yo old and he has only bone on bone in his spine and still he can do amazing things.. then again marketing is marketing. :D

Anyway DDP as a person is real deal.. or atleast as real as prowrestler can be. :D

Yes, yoga might work for some individuals. But I skip yoga and pilates and try to stabilize my spine.

Doing mostly doubles this week. As I look at my "strokes on the paper" over the last two weeks,
I see that I do prety close to 10 reps a day, being it singles or doubles or triples. Quite looking
forward to next two-weeks block, how iron low-rep work translates into high-ish rep calisthenics.

edit: i dont say it anymore explicitly but, when not stated otherwise,
in all posts 'rep' is always one arm press with 32 kg KB

Last edited:
Following piece of the old article by Thomach Inch (yeah, that man with dumbbell) about Arthur Saxon and his brothers
has catched my eyes, emphasize mine:

"After setting out their big plate bell and plenty of discs in the middle of the garden, they knocked the bung out of a barrow of beer, and then set to work, knowing that liquid refreshment was arranged for. It seems that drinking beer and weightlifting together are quite the common pastime on the continent, or so the brothers claimed! It was rather funny to see the trio running backwards and forwards with their jugs to the beer barrel between lifts. It was seldom that any beer was left in the barrel. I must say! They explained to me that this was the proper German custom, and they appeared to always regard me as slightly unbalanced mentally because I did not follow their example."

Moral of the story? Do not let others regard you as mentally unbalanced person!

Last edited:
Sorry mate! ROFL I forgot to mention about the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), but don’t you worry, because it’ll ease up. Half week and you’re good as new.

yeah it's been DWPB (delayed warning of press bro)!

Back
Top Bottom