all posts post new thread

Kettlebell What to do when One hand is out of action while practicing S&S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Harry King

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi everyone, I had an idea this morning that I thought might be useful to share, and to get some comments from SFGs and experienced lifters on here for everyone’s benefit.

My right hand has an annoying tear on the middle finger because of a pulled callus. I have been diligently doing my two-hand swings this week to give it a chance to heal. Today I decided to do set 1 with my left arm and set two (usually the right, or non-master side) with two arms (EDIT and so on for the rest of the sets) . It went well, I think a very beneficial practice especially for someone in their first couple of years of focused kettlebell training. The two-arm swings teaches you important things like connecting the lat and getting a deep hinge. In my case, I have a weak left-arm swing so I found it very beneficial to do a left arm set, reflect, and then follow it with a two arm set to feel the difference and then go back and tighten up my technique on the move that I need to work on. I find that the two-arm swing really ‘explains’ things to your body.
I look forward to reading some thoughts on this.

EDIT: I should clarify that I usually alternate single and double arm swings days as described in the book.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom