all posts post new thread

Nutrition work out diet with supplements

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Does anyone take CBD oil? (This is 100% legal stuff no THC. Look up the difference if needed). I've been considering getting a vape pen with CBD oil, as I heard it can relax your muscles. Any feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone take CBD oil? (This is 100% legal stuff no THC. Look up the difference if needed). I've been considering getting a vape pen with CBD oil, as I heard it can relax your muscles. Any feedback?
I have and do.
I’m not entirely convinced it isn’t pure placebo effect. The effect I do feel is not strong even when buying the strongest oil I can find (it does feel stronger if I buy a good brand like fab).
I don’t plan on restocking when I run out.

My advice would be try a smaller bottle from a good brand, most of the stuff you see at shops is just hemp oil. See how it works for you.

@watchnerd did you use CBD oil for your butt tightness or I remember incorrectly?

I’m not entirely convinced it isn’t pure placebo effect. The effect I do feel is not strong even when buying the strongest oil I can find (it does feel stronger if I buy a good brand like fab).
I don’t plan on restocking when I run out.
Same here. I've tried it to help with sleep in the past and for one or two nights I think it has maybe helped and then the next one or two nights not at all.

We have very successfully given it to our senior dog however who has sufferered from significant anxiety since his brother passed in December. Without it he's quite shaky and constantly on alert to make sure we're not leaving him. Howling and barking when we leave (which he never did when he had his brother).

When we give him CBD he is very relaxed and even seems more energetic in a playful way. Quite remarkable really. We're also wondering if he's suffering some chronic pain as many senior dogs do and perhaps it's helping with that as well.

Same here. I've tried it to help with sleep in the past and for one or two nights I think it has maybe helped and then the next one or two nights not at all.
Yeah that is what always makes me wonder if it is in my head. The relaxation feeling never works past a couple times.

Last edited:
@watchnerd did you use CBD oil for your butt tightness or I remember incorrectly?

I use oral CBD oil for general systemic inflammation reduction, along with magnesium and cod liver oil.

I've used CBD massage oil for muscles, generally.

It's not specifically a butt thing.

"Everything works.....for about 6 weeks."
Training Age

As you probably know, this has to how long you have been training, not your chronological age.

The General Adaptation Syndrome

Hans Selye, MD, PhD, determined this around 1923.

It had to do with individual adapting to diseases. If they didn't adapt, they died. It occur with all living things.

Covid is a great example. Covid is now adapting (mutating) so that it survives.

Periodization Training

The foundation of Periodization Training is The General Adaptation Syndrome.

As you stated, "Everything work but nothing works forever".

Thus, at some point the body will adapted to any new training program. Once the occurs, progress stops (metaphorically progress dies).

When progress stops, a new Periodization Training Program need to be implemented.

Novice Lifters

Someone new to training adapts to training slowly. That means they can preform the same training program longer and continue to progress. For Novice LIfter's a 6 - 8 week Training Cycle usually works before they need to change it.

Advanced Lifters

Someone who has been training for a while adapts quickly. This means they need to change their training program about every 4 - 6 weeks.

Diet Periodizations

The General Adaptation Syndrome applies to diet (loading or gaining weight), as well..

The MATADOR Weight Loss Diet

This weight loss diet is based on decreasing calories for two week, decreasing them for two week, then repeating.

Research determined that it take the body approximately two week to adapted to changes in calorie intake.

As with training, once adaptation occurs, weight loss stops. That because you metabolism decreases to your new calorie level.

The research found after two weeks, increasing calorie intake. Doing so, increases you're metabolic rate.

After the two week calorie increase, you then drop you calorie intake. Since you metabolic rate has increased, you then lose weight/body fat because you are burning more calories than you are taking it.

This approach is a "One step back, two step forward approach".

Gaining Weight

The same protocol is applied for gaining weight/increasing muscle mass.

However, you increase calorie intake for two weeks, then decrease calories back down to what is was when you were maintaining your body weight.

Bodybuilders Bulk and Cut

The MATADOR Diet approach is the same Bulk and Cut that Bodybuilder have used for decades.

However, one of the issues with many Bodybuilders was the drastic increase in calories and then decrease in calories.

Independent Research On Calorie Intake

Research two individual, independent of each other, came to the same conclusion.

1I Greater muscle mass was maintained and more body fat was lost with a 20% decrease in calorie intake.

2) Muscle mass was increase to a greater degree and body fat mass gain was minimized with a 20% increase in calorie intake.

General Rule

Once progress stop with a Training or Diet Program, something need to change.

I currently take 5 grams of creatine, and a pre workout drink in the evening.

Researchs shows a better effect is elicited when creatine is taken after training rather than prior to training.

Based on the magnitude inferences it appears that consuming creatine immediately post-workout is superior to pre-workout vis a vis body composition and strength. The effects of pre versus post workout supplementation of creatine monohydrate on body composition and strength

Prior training, consuming something like Chicken Bullion that is high in sodium with potassium is a better option. Sodium, Your Secret Weapon | T Nation

High Salt Diets & Athletic Performance w/ Dr. James Dinicolantonio

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom