all posts post new thread

Kettlebell If You Could Decide What's Next ...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
After reading the Where Is Pavel? thread, I thought it might be interesting to ask:

If you could pick the title of Pavel's next book, what would it be?

If it makes sense, in few days I'll take your suggestions and put up a poll. One idea per person, please, two maximum but no more.

My own vote would be a press program paired with either S&S style swings ("Pressing Made Simple & Sinister") or with barbell deadlifts ("Pressing Power To The People").

So, what's on your wish list?

-S-

Simple & Spetznas
Badass military like program haha

Saxon & Sinister lol
Or a pure Bent Press program so we can all be Arthur Saxon haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Rif
History of Iron : Sort of a history of physical culture, comparing and contrasting different eras and different places around the world with things that worked well, and things that did not work so well. Maybe not so much program oriented but a more serious take on the history of it all. Pavel hints on a lot of this stuff in his books and interviews (at least what i have heard) comparing the body builders of today vs 1985 (would Marty McFly be better off learning strength training to today or staying home?). It would be a deviation from the program in a book style that his other books were though.

The "Plan Strong" manual is an awesome resource, but it's also very dense with information like a textbook. An illustrated and leaned out version for broader consumption would be cool by me.
+1
I'd be happy to buy the "Plan Strong" manual separately without the workshop part.

Another option: maybe something with bodyweight/calisthenics/gymnastics. Chstistopher Sommer makes a lot of money with Gymnastic Bodies stuff - very expensive programs for bodyweight skills, stretching, tumbling and even nutrition. He is very experienced, but does not understand strength programming very well and refuses to use iron where it is needed - according to his ex-associates and students. Many of his clients aren't progressing and are disappointed.

I think Pavel's skill at programming could be a deadly effective alternative. A program to get Handstand Pushups, Front Levers, One Hand Chinups, Pistols, One Arm Pushups, Splits - that would be a valid SF program. "How to achieve and maintain skills, become strong and flexible - and what tools (kettlebells and barbells) to use and how to program all of this? Pavell tells you.." - that could better sell than "Convict Conditioning".

Hello,

"A sinister way to enter the power"

It could mix up kettlebells, barbells and bodyweight to maintain and increase strength, using different kinds of stimulii, levers and momentum, and different speed of motion.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Tactical pull-ups for Fighters on Warrior Diet

or

Simple but not Easy way to Sinister Power

Every suggestion so far would be a good book. I think a book on General Physical Preparedness (GPP) using StrongFirst principles would interest a number of people. These principles would be the best from Relax Into Stretching and Super Joints, Naked Warrior, and Simple And Sinister. “StrongFirst With General Physical Preparedness, A Practical Guide For Everyone”

The book would be for people new to fitness training or people who want an all around program for the long term. There would not be a set standard other than to be better this week than last by practicing 30 to 45 minutes most days a week. The kettlebell weights would be average beginners from ROK, 8kg ladies and 16kg gentlemen. This would be a beginners book and hopefully in eight to 12 weeks people who follow the program will see noticeable improvements and will be motivated to select an advanced BW or kettlebell program.

The first section would include selected stretches, body tension/planking, hip hinge, and breath control. The second section would be how to do the selected BW push-ups and pull-ups. The kettlebell tasks would be swings and TGUs. The third section would be the practicing program to follow.

+1 for @natewhite39 idea for Plan Strong book. Plan Strong seminars are rare...
Maybe something along the line of presenting the principles and than taking some known StrongFirst programs (and maybe some from Power to The People Professional) and explaining the "why" and "how" of them... Something like merging Easy Strength (and maybe some stuff along the lines of Dan John's Intervention as well) with ETK-ROP / ROTK / S&S / PttP / etc.

I do not have a suggestion to a title, but like others in this thread, I would like to see Pavel doing a ROP 2.0, similar to what he did for the program minimum in S&S. Or perhaps a remake of SJ, NW and RIS. While I am interested in barbell, I know that BW and KB is probably where I am going to be spending my time for the next long time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom