all posts post new thread

A Norseman's Journey

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Trail Running - With wifey :p
3,7km
25:19

1H Swing
24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24

TGU
24, 24, 24, 24, 24

Second run for today and a solid S&S session. I had almost forgotten how much I love the Get-up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean and Press
24kg x 2 x 1,2,3

1H Swing
24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24

TGU
24, 24, 24*, 24

*24, the third set was two get-ups per side

CnP was asked for by Stefan Löfström in our kettlebell beginners course. Felt bit awkward today. Finally I start to get the groove with the 1H swing, it feels better and better.

Great article, I have missed part 2. From the article we should wait with cleans etc until as Dan John says.

For men, I suggest you wait until you are working on compressing the rest periods with 24kg for the get up and the 32kg for one arm swings.

I'm not telling you to wait, just trying to understand if I get it right. For you it may be the right time.

In my history of training I have repeatedly screwed up the programming believing I'm better to program. Ending up with mostly zero results and small injuries from bad form.

This time I will follow StrongFirst progression, with no shortcuts. Meaning I WILL reach S&S simple standard before going next step.

And I want you to remind me if I trail off.

Thank you for your heads up. I believe thats my main problem aswell, trying to serve two or more masters at the same time. By masters I´m referring to the simple-goal, my press goal and/or running goal. I believe its far better to focus at one.

I will keep an eye on your @Henningb log and make sure you are not adding or change the routine. It has already happened to me more times than not :)

From yesterdays clean and press. Critique is much welcome!

I apologize to a fellow Norseman, I was venting my own frustration over never being able to stick to a program. However I believe you can combine running as the book Simple & Sinister often refer to leaving something in your tank to not interfere in your duty or to enable you for a hunt after dinner.

For your clean, its powerful and with a nice finish, the press looks solid. Try to initiate the clean with a hinge as in your swing. Secondly never rest your arm on your knee. If I recall correctly the quote goes like "Never rest your arm on your knee - it shows weakness and we don't tolerate weakness ..." - Return to the Kettlebell by Pavel.

I need to make a video as well soon.

I apologize to a fellow Norseman, I was venting my own frustration over never being able to stick to a program. However I believe you can combine running as the book Simple & Sinister often refer to leaving something in your tank to not interfere in your duty or to enable you for a hunt after dinner.

For your clean, its powerful and with a nice finish, the press looks solid. Try to initiate the clean with a hinge as in your swing. Secondly never rest your arm on your knee. If I recall correctly the quote goes like "Never rest your arm on your knee - it shows weakness and we don't tolerate weakness ..." - Return to the Kettlebell by Pavel.

I need to make a video as well soon.

No need for an apologize! Combining S&S with running is the best I´ve ever done! To bad I did not realize this sooner :)

The elbow was a good point. I have read it S&S, but the bad habit snuck up on me!

Original Strength - ~ 15min
Simple Daily Reset Restoration Plan

1H Swing
24, 24, 32, 32, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24

TGU
24*, 24*, 24

*24k was 2 Get-ups for each arm.

Awesome session!

Warm-up - 3rd
Goblet Squat 24kg x5
KB Row 24kg x5
Push-ups x5

1H Swing
24, 24, 32, 32, 24, 24, 32, 32, 24, 24

TGU
24, 24, 24, 24, 24

Was tired today, but I did it and that is what counts!

wind.jpg

Original Strength - ~15min
Simple Daily Reset Restoration Plan

1H Swing

TGU
24, 32, 32, 24, 24

Slowly working in the 32k bell. In my left hand (my strong) the swing is a bit slow and insecure, due to what seems to be the grip. In my right (my stronger) the swing is more crisp and secure. As if when my mind don't trust the grip (in my left) it automatically holds back the power in my whole body? Watched Rdella´s instagram where he shows the "drill" of reaching the bell with the opposite hand. It worked out really well! Scott Iardella MPT CSCS SFGII on Instagram: “The one handed swing. One "drill" or technique I like to use when doing the one hand kettlebell swing is the "touch the bell" concept. When…”

As for the Get-ups. They are getting stronger and I feel more secure through the whole movement. Did two sets with the 32 and I´m slowly gaining confidence in it.

Warm-up - 3rd
SLDL 24kg x5
Push-ups x10
Goblet 24kg x x5

1H Swing

TGU
24, 32, 24, 32, 24

Filmed myself topless to see how the body is acting in the swing. To me it looks like I need to pack the shoulder better and sit back/down more to activate the hips better?

Disregard the awful put down of the bell, it´s a bad habit I'm working on :oops:

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom