all posts post new thread

And We Were Swingin'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Run, 1.5 miles.
Kettlebell deadlifts, 24 kg, 10x10.
Military presses, 24 kg, 1-8 ladder.
60 minutes, martial arts.

Last edited:
Run, 1.5 miles.
Martial arts, 45 minutes.
Military presses, 24 kg, 1-9 ladder.
Cleans, 12 kg, just messing around while learning technique.

Still running, very slowly. My running pace is 12-13 minutes per mile (my usual walking pace is 15-16 minutes per mile). I know that's laughably slow, but my heartbeat rate gets pretty high (close to 140) if I run any faster. I'm 53 years old and weigh about 247 (albeit on a large frame), so I guess it's not surprising.

Military presses felt really strong, like the bell was ten pounds lighter. Fun!

Last edited:
The fact that you are out there running is an accomplishment many our age cannot claim to be doing. I am at a pace of 17-18 minutes for running/walking at 51 and I am heavier than you are. But, like you, I am out there putting in the miles. We will get there, in due time. Just like with the kettlebells, be patient and lay the groundwork, and your progress will come.

Keep up the good work!

Run, 1.5 miles.

Still running very slowly. My usual pace is 12-13 minutes per mile. I know that's laughably slow, but my heartbeat rate gets pretty high (close to 140) if I run any faster. I'm 53 years old and weight about 247 (albeit on a large frame), so I guess it's not surprising.

The fact that you are out there running is an accomplishment many our age cannot claim to be doing. I am at a pace of 17-18 minutes for running/walking at 51 and I am heavier than you are. But, like you, I am out there putting in the miles. We will get there, in due time. Just like with the kettlebells, be patient and lay the groundwork, and your progress will come.

Keep up the good work!
Great advice @Michael Scott

Swings, 24 kg, 6x10 2H, 4x10 1H.
Get-ups, 16 kg, 10x1.

Last edited:
Run, 1.5 miles.
Swings, 24 kg, 6x10 2H, 4x10 1H.
Get-ups, 16 kg, 10x1.

Last edited:
Swings, 24 kg, 6x10 1H, 4x10 2H.
Get-ups, 16 kg, 10x1.

Six consecutive days of S&S. I need a light day. :D

Last edited:
Martial arts, 90 minutes.
Get-ups, 16-24-16-16-16 kg, each arm.
Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x10.
Swimming, 20 minutes.

First time doing 24-kg get-ups since several days in April when I did one 24-kg rep with each arm as part of S&S practice.

After martial arts today, I performed a 70-lb dumbbell military press with each arm for the first time ever. Wobbly, but tension techniques helped me push through. Fun!

Last edited:
Run, 1.5 miles.
Get-ups, 16-24-16-16-16 kg, each arm.
Swings, 24 kg, 1H, 10x10.
Military presses, 24 kg, 1-10 ladder.

I've discovered that the hip pain I sometimes experience during swings is almost eliminated when I widen my stance to slightly more than 1.5 times my shoulder width. Narrow stances cause my hips to hurt when I tighten my abs and glutes in a hard-style swing.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom