all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

I'm a 2MAD guy, physical work won't let me do OMAD.. and I don't like to eat huge quantities. The key is not eating between meals, fasting on a 16/8 is good to do overnight and into noon or so. If working a job requiring more effort I need to eat earlier.
Okay, thanks. I've fasted before but avoided any heavy physical activities back then. And here I see @offwidth riding 100km. some days fasted. I'm with you, on not eating huge quantities at one time.

Tues 12/14

AM - 2.5 mi run/walk

PM
10k row followed by a 1 mi walk right afterward.
1 mi walk after dinner

Tried my new Bulgarian Bag, it ripped on the first set.. then more on the second set.. :/
View attachment 15564
That is bad. My first one (also not original one) was luckily of better quality. But that one also came filled and wad stitched afterwards. But now with the original one, I noticed the difference in quality. First wanted to keep the other one as it was heavier. But after working with the Suples model, I just sold it.

That is bad. My first one (also not original one) was luckily of better quality. But that one also came filled and wad stitched afterwards. But now with the original one, I noticed the difference in quality. First wanted to keep the other one as it was heavier. But after working with the Suples model, I just sold it.
That’s a bummer. Not even long enough to get you hooked on it.
I knew it was experimental, but jeez.. It was a 16k model, it did ok with 20lbs of sand in it, then I was able to stuff 30lbs into it using two heavy duty trash bags as a liner. Had it stuffed beautifully.. that rip sound was heartbreaking as I spent at least 30-40 mins perfecting it.

I'll probably order a real one down the line, or wait for the water filled Onnit model to be back in stock.

Probably not what you're looking for, but I have a spare brand new medium RepFitness sandbag I could gift ya, fire engine red spec'd for 75lbs but can fit about 80. It was filled and moved around for a few days but is pristine.
Thanks Martin! I'll shoot you a PM

Thurs 12/16

AM
3.6 mi walk/run
PM
DBCL, row & mace
100 cleans @20k
100 mace @22lb
5k row
1 mi walk after dinner

About 1.6 mi into the am run the right calf balled up, felt it coming on the last couple days and didn't fix it. Tweaked my LB yesterday swinging the Bulgarian Bag.. woke this am feeling flat and low energy which persists today. Did some work on the leg earlier and it's already getting better. Stupid is as stupid does.. or doesn't Got a little sumpin session in.
Screenshot 2021-12-16 3.54.57 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom