all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

Love your training space bret! It’s not at your house? I didn’t know you were building up tonopening your own spot, that’s awesome!
Thanks Larry, I'm not in there anymore, since moving I have a setup in the garage. More or less the same, just condensed now.

YT is a pain in the butt re proprietary music, I was listening to the Eagles 2013 re-mix.. love that album.
Eagles are the absolute worst for getting their music removed from YT. I heard they have something like 100 volunteers who watch and listen for infractions. I had a Jimmy Buffett concert saved that I've watched a few times from down in the tropical islands, and he finally had it removed. He doesn't have enough money?

Eagles are the absolute worst for getting their music removed from YT. I heard they have something like 100 volunteers who watch and listen for infractions. I had a Jimmy Buffett concert saved that I've watched a few times from down in the tropical islands, and he finally had it removed. He doesn't have enough money?
Can you imagine being a volunteer? hahaha

Never did high rep cleans. How does it feel?
I’ve heard a lot of smart and experienced kb bro’s talk about how great cleans are as a stand alone. Starting to see it too, my hinge has never been better. That cpuld just be the coaching, but i feel that the clean taught me how to get there without an arc.

I’ve heard a lot of smart and experienced kb bro’s talk about how great cleans are as a stand alone. Starting to see it too, my hinge has never been better. That cpuld just be the coaching, but i feel that the clean taught me how to get there without an arc.
ROP is great for really feeling cleans, many reps are key to grooving in the movement. I appreciate them much more while rehabbing. You're doing the work and improving with just a few coaching cues.

Are you crushing the kb handle on every press? Doing that makes hands feel like iron. I got to the point during ROP where I think press prep and hardening the body for presses was even more beneficial than the pressing itself.

ROP is great for really feeling cleans, many reps are key to grooving in the movement. I appreciate them much more while rehabbing. You're doing the work and improving with just a few coaching cues.

Are you crushing the kb handle on every press? Doing that makes hands feel like iron. I got to the point during ROP where I think press prep and hardening the body for presses was even more beneficial than the pressing itself.
Not as much as i should pre press. I will start working on that more!

You are starting to make me wish I hadn’t tossed my stuff….
(Actually I just cut the webbing to make rappel slings)

You are starting to make me wish I hadn’t tossed my stuff….
(Actually I just cut the webbing to make rappel slings)
My rig is well rated and cost under 50.00, it's something I think worth doing, especially as we get older. New challenges are key to keeping us sharp, doing this once or twice weekly will pay off I suspect. After I get better I'll sling it between trees at a nearby park, it's good listening to music while doing it and having a little fun time.

Back
Top Bottom