Totals
60 clean
24 pushup
8 pullup
40 squat
200 mace
Not feeling 100% today but got'er done and came out unscathed.. I think
Screenshot 2022-01-21 3.59.15 PM.png

Great to hear Gary! Be warned, it's very addicting :)
You're not wrong! Im trying to get a good technique, today just wanted to not lift anything and do my usual bike ride, but ive not been able to resist! Every 10mins or so all day ive been getting up and practicing, can't leave it alone haha
Ive been doing choked up 360s slowly working on getting my hands lower and lower.

My form sucks at the moment so will probably leave it a couple days now or try to anyway so i dont hurt my shoulders

You're not wrong! Im trying to get a good technique, today just wanted to not lift anything and do my usual bike ride, but ive not been able to resist! Every 10mins or so all day ive been getting up and practicing, can't leave it alone haha
Ive been doing choked up 360s slowly working on getting my hands lower and lower.

My form sucks at the moment so will probably leave it a couple days now or try to anyway so i dont hurt my shoulders
Very good! If you haven't seen this it's pretty good, he's a good man who knows his stuff.

You guys all inspire me! I’ve been making my dog walks before bed much more intentional and closer to a mile. Base building for marathon season starts tomorrow!! What was the running book you recommended before? I’m trying to find a bunch of running audiobooks to listen to whilst running.

You guys all inspire me! I’ve been making my dog walks before bed much more intentional and closer to a mile. Base building for marathon season starts tomorrow!! What was the running book you recommended before? I’m trying to find a bunch of running audiobooks to listen to whilst running.
Listen to the sound of your body; your breathing, your heartbeat, your footfalls, when running; not some audiobook…:cool:

Listen to the sound of your body; your breathing, your heartbeat, your footfalls, when running; not some audiobook…:cool:
I know that you are correct, and i often do. But, i know that I won’t always. You have better memory/cognitive abilities while running too and i really take it all in when running/listening.

"Running Zen"

I used to experiment with walking zen - do seated breath meditation and then stand and walk. Eventually I even applied it to my reactive sparring dummy, made a huge difference when I rejoined MA classes.

The zen of running maybe? Can’t find “running zen”. I have a book called “chi running” that was going to be one of my first reads.
Larry, this Niko Niko (run with a smile) method is something that helped me run again. Slow jogging is very meditative, and I always do it with no music etc. When starting I ran ~3 mph keeping HR under 110, now my 'niko' pace is ~4.5 mph, HR averages a bit higher but stays well below 120. It's an easy pace that remains enjoyable, whenever I start to pace faster is when running becomes less enjoyable. I like to stay relaxed and let the scenery go by while breathing easily through the nose, when I speed up I feel the chest 'tightening' a bit as gas exchange needs increase. I see many runners who look miserable, they constantly run at a 'junk' mile pace. I would rather slow jog and intersperse with some tempo blocks when feeling good.

This book by Hiroaki Tanaka.. could not paste the link for Kindle edition and have it work.

Slow Jogging: Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, and Have Fun with Science-Based, Natural Running​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom