all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

Any notable observations from less “lifting” more locomotion?i feel like when you are “lifting” there’s a lot of power output.

Any notable observations from less “lifting” more locomotion?i feel like when you are “lifting” there’s a lot of power output.
Hey Larry, definitely in recovery mode. I don't do de-loads so at times my body forces it.. probably not the smartest strategy though it seems to work for me.

Doing DBCL 10 rep sets with 24k is powerful medicine for me, it hits the CNS hard and I underestimated the fallout from those. Snatching the 28k bell felt good but added to fatigue. Then adding in weighted vest work and heave mace in the same session really kicked up the intensity and I did not realize how much fatigue was building.

Sooo.. I feel good and strong overall but will rest as is necessary, no reason to sprint in a marathon and all that jazz.

Hey Larry, definitely in recovery mode. I don't do de-loads so at times my body forces it.. probably not the smartest strategy though it seems to work for me.

Doing DBCL 10 rep sets with 24k is powerful medicine for me, it hits the CNS hard and I underestimated the fallout from those. Snatching the 28k bell felt good but added to fatigue. Then adding in weighted vest work and heave mace in the same session really kicked up the intensity and I did not realize how much fatigue was building.

Sooo.. I feel good and strong overall but will rest as is necessary, no reason to sprint in a marathon and all that jazz.
Just checking in brother, i feel like rop is coming to an end just in time for me too and I’ll heed your words. cuz my shoulders are doing things they normally don’t.

Just checking in brother, i feel like rop is coming to an end just in time for me too and I’ll heed your words. cuz my shoulders are doing things they normally don’t.
Maybe time to get a little more into the snatch realm? They're far better for shoulder health IMHO.

Maybe time to get a little more into the snatch realm? They're far better for shoulder health IMHO.
I’ve thought about it, but i want to dive
Into the kettlebells Strongfirst BJJ program i have stashed away. Plan is to test out some max reps this weekend the do some weight/rep tests to get ready for the swing and get up program on there. Once marathon prep gets serious i want to shift to the two day a week CnJ program. I’ll share more about the program in my log soon.

I’ve thought about it, but i want to dive
Into the kettlebells Strongfirst BJJ program i have stashed away. Plan is to test out some max reps this weekend the do some weight/rep tests to get ready for the swing and get up program on there. Once marathon prep gets serious i want to shift to the two day a week CnJ program. I’ll share more about the program in my log soon.
Sounds good man! You have to do what has your interest to feel right in training I think.

Out of curiousity - it looks like you got a HR spike here on the 4th set of mace turns. Intentional? Maybe picking one set where you decide to go barbarian mode?
Think I've solved the mystery yesterday as a matter of fact, I wear an LED Polar monitor on the left forearm. The spikes occur only when my left hand is closest to the mace head, when doing that the forearm is tighter to the upper arm while pulling the mace over the shoulder.. it's from blood restriction or something I believe, making the device misread HR. That system optically measures blood flow so it makes sense. Definitely not spiking for real and I've only noticed it when hands are in the above described position.

Hope that makes some sense.

Back
Top Bottom