all posts post new thread

Chasing 2 rabbits

It reminds me of an Arnold schwarzenegger speech he did. He said something like you only have 24 hours and need to sleep 8 so I suggest you sleep faster! Haha
Hahaha! He is absolutely right!
I sleep 7 hours, I work 8-12 and the rest of the time I try to fit everything else, mostly my training right now.

24 hours are just not enough!

Friday February 9, 2024
-Deadlift: 4x5 150kg/330lbs
-Overhead press: 4x5 60kg/132lbs
-Pull ups: 3x5 +10kg/22lbs

Saturday February 10, 2024
-Jogging 12km
-6 10second sprints/60 second recovery(alactic)
-Stationary bike: 45mins zone 2

Six all out sprints are more taxing than 12km of jogging. Nevertheless, I have to find a hill to do some(more and more, gradually) hill sprints after my jogging/running, in order to prepare my legs for the trail running race which will take place on June.

Tomorrow, Sunday, recovery day. Eat, sleep, rest, repeat.

I just got the map of the trail running race of June. As you can see, the altitude is very high, more than 2.000 m at some points.
When I signed in, I thought that it is a regular trail running race, but it actually is a mountain race with(as they informed me) huge uphills and downhills of 25% or more. It passes through 6 mountain peaks and, as they told me, all the others will be experienced runners.

But, I signed in, so I will do it.

My plan, besides my strength training and my running, is to do(right after my strength training) EMOM lunges for more and more time. If in 1-2 months I am able to do emom lunges for more than 1 hour, I believe that it will have carry over to the race. I also plan to do high reps barbell circuits for muscle endurance. To be able to withstand the lactic acid buildup. This will be my plan A.

If my plan A fails, is there any StrongFirst conditioning programs to buy that would be good for mountain racing?

ARGITHEA_RACE.jpg

I just got the map of the trail running race of June. As you can see, the altitude is very high, more than 2.000 m at some points.
When I signed in, I thought that it is a regular trail running race, but it actually is a mountain race with(as they informed me) huge uphills and downhills of 25% or more. It passes through 6 mountain peaks and, as they told me, all the others will be experienced runners.

But, I signed in, so I will do it.

My plan, besides my strength training and my running, is to do(right after my strength training) EMOM lunges for more and more time. If in 1-2 months I am able to do emom lunges for more than 1 hour, I believe that it will have carry over to the race. I also plan to do high reps barbell circuits for muscle endurance. To be able to withstand the lactic acid buildup. This will be my plan A.

If my plan A fails, is there any StrongFirst conditioning programs to buy that would be good for mountain racing?

View attachment 23979
No steep hills you can use to do repeated runs?

Unfortunately I live in the most flat place on the planet. I will try to find a hill nearby.
Walking and running on a flat surface with a weight vest wouldn't have carryover for mountain racing?
I feel you. The only hill we have in Virginia Beach is a former dump that was transformed into a park It's called Mount Trashmore.

I don’t know anything about mountain racing, but I would suggest considering to reach out to Derek Toshner. He probably could direct you better especially with programs he might use for tackling mountains. I do believe he is a big advocate of step up training and snatch walking for preparation in taking on steep terrain. I’m not sure if there is programs for sale from the all terrain conditioning seminar he does.

I don’t know anything about mountain racing, but I would suggest considering to reach out to Derek Toshner. He probably could direct you better especially with programs he might use for tackling mountains. I do believe he is a big advocate of step up training and snatch walking for preparation in taking on steep terrain. I’m not sure if there is programs for sale from the all terrain conditioning seminar he does.
Thank you. I will definitely do it if in 1 month from now my plan won't increase my stamina

Monday February 12, 2024
-Squat: 3x4 128kg/282lbs
-Bench press: 3x4 95kg/210lbs
-Pull-ups: 3x5 +10kg/22lbs
-Lunges: emom 20 minutes, 3 reps each leg per minute
-Pull ups: emom 10 minutes, 3 reps per minute

Tuesday February 13, 2024
-Intervals 30'' running/ 30'' walking: 12km

After strength training I will be doing emom, alternating lunges and step ups in each workout. My goal is to be able to do emom for more than 90 minutes within 3 months.

For today's cardio, instead of steady state running/jogging, I did intervals of running and walking for 12km. Piece of cake. Easier even than continuous slow jogging. I will do these intervals when I need my cardio session to be a "deload".

Wednesday February 14, 2024
-Deadlift: 3x4 160kg/350lbs
-Overhead press: 3x4 65kg/145lbs
-Pull ups: 3x5 +10kg/22lbs
-Step-ups: emom 30 mins, 4 reps per leg each minute

Thursday February 15, 2024
-Jogging: 12km

Today I had the first minor(I hope it is minor) injury since I started running.
It is a very strange injury in the bottom of the foot, in the sole. With every step I have a very strange feeling, like a guitar string breaking and a minor pain like a bee sting. This is the best way I can describe it, it is really strange.

I stretched my hamstrings and both the "string breaking" and the pain eased, but they came back a few minutes later.
I guess that my cardio session of Saturday will be exclusively on the stationary bike. I hope it will be totally ok by Monday.

This week I discovered that I can do anti glycolytic emom training for practically as much as I want and feeling totally ok the next day.
What a genius way to train!

Slowly and gradually I will increase my emom training to really long durations.
What's an emom? It sounds like someone who checks in on you when you're online.

Back
Top Bottom