all posts post new thread

Chronicles of Becoming a Man

3/31/21 RMF practice

LCCJ
18 x 2 Straight sets
2x24kg

Still keeping the reps low to ease back into it. Also, I’m in Florida on vacation and my hands are not used to the humidity...with no chalk.

4/12/2021

S&T
28kg 4 x 1

FPP

Self-imposed major de-load. While LCCJ had become one of favorite movements, the higher reps proved to hinder my breathing to the point of being a major distraction to form. Also, while it was not the cause of my upper back pain, the higher rep counts certainly do not make it better.

starting a series to improve press mechanics and literally working from the ground up to get to KB STRONG.

MWF are presses and pull ups, TTh are swings/snatches + bent press.

4/13/2021

2HSW
32kg 16 x 5 EMOM

BnP
24kg 5 x 1

Ballistics determined by dice roll. 1st roll dictates exercise. 2nd roll dictates volume.

Last edited:
4/12/2021

S&T
28kg 4 x 1

FPP

Self-imposed major de-load. While LCCJ had become one of favorite movements, the higher reps proved to hinder my breathing to the point of being a major distraction to form. Also, while it was not the cause of my upper back pain, the higher rep counts certainly do not make it better.

starting a series to improve press mechanics and literally working from the ground up to get to KB STRONG.

MWF are presses and pull ups, TTh are swings/snatches + bent press.
Feel free to shoot me a message as I can share with you how to carefully revisit the lccj as doing too much too soon also caused me a minor setback a few years ago

4/29/2021

1HSW
28kg 12 x 5 EMOM

BnP
28kg 5 x 1

I’ll only have access to 28kg for the next week. The bent presses felt smooth and easier than the 24kg. I’ve had similar experiences every time I jumped in weight for the TGU. Heavier made me few more stable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom