all posts post new thread

5/3/1 - Back from the Dead(lift)

Wednesday

A1) Power Clean to Push Press - 52 kgs x 3 x 6 sets
A2) Front Lever practice x 6 sets
B1) Dips - 26 kgs x 5,5,12
B2) Reverse lunge off platform x 15L/15Rx 3 sets

Started today with dynamic mobility and power training intertwined with Front Lever. Push presses at very light weight, probably around 50-60 %. Felt nice and snappy!

Front Lever practice is hard. First three sets I do one leg extended, rest in tuck, then extend the other leg. Then just 3 advanced Tuck holds. The push presses really rejuvenate me.

Feltlike a good day to push dips and hit, what I think, is a PR of 12 with 26 kgs. Nice! Easy reverse lunges with bw to stretch my hip flexors and get some motion to shake the stiffness, no gut busting Grundy reps, just keep them snappy, like QND style. Feeling alert and sharp after this session. Oblique or QL also feeling better after the hanging from Front Lever and dips. Lack of spinal loaded exercises with the bar (except push presses which were light) has been good for a couple days. May lift heavy tomorrow. We’ll see.

Thursday

Flow
A1) Muscle-Ups- 2,2,2,2,2
A2) Jefferson DL - 52 kgs x 3, , 105 x 3
158 kgs x 3 x 3 sets
B1) Farmers Walk - 26 kgs (per side) x 3
B2) Handstand PU x 5 x 3 sets

Muscle-ups for my dynamic movement in between Jefferson deadlifts, which felt pretty easy. No bother to my obliques or QL or what have you. Like this lift a lot and it’s hard to know really what’s lifting the weight.

Some handstand push-ups and farmers walk to finish things off. Good training day, beautiful outside today and took a long walk with some friends around Odéon area, Shakespeare and Co, Notre Dane, Les Halles...

Muscleups are anything but pretty

Jefferson DL feels solid

Hanstand Pushups on plates

Thursday

Flow
A1) Muscle-Ups- 2,2,2,2,2
A2) Jefferson DL - 52 kgs x 3, , 105 x 3
158 kgs x 3 x 3 sets
B1) Farmers Walk - 26 kgs (per side) x 3
B2) Handstand PU x 5 x 3 sets

Muscle-ups for my dynamic movement in between Jefferson deadlifts, which felt pretty easy. No bother to my obliques or QL or what have you. Like this lift a lot and it’s hard to know really what’s lifting the weight.

Some handstand push-ups and farmers walk to finish things off. Good training day, beautiful outside today and took a long walk with some friends around Odéon area, Shakespeare and Co, Notre Dane, Les Halles...

Muscleups are anything but pretty

Jefferson DL feels solid

Hanstand Pushups on plates

Nice work, you're a bodyweight dynamo. Good Jeffersons also. Are you facing 180 degrees from the bar direction? Maybe I used to do them wrong.

Nice work, you're a bodyweight dynamo. Good Jeffersons also. Are you facing 180 degrees from the bar direction? Maybe I used to do them wrong.
Ha I’m not too terrible at bodyweight...there are some real pros around here but I find they really help my overall strength very well with much less overall demand on my body. I feel I still need to lift heavy things however.

As for the jeffersons, I can’t even say really. I have to use a narrow stance with this bar because it’s short and it still windmills a bit...
it’s at a slight angle like my legs are at 11 and 2 O’clock and the bar is at 12 if this makes sense.

Ha I’m not too terrible at bodyweight...there are some real pros around here but I find they really help my overall strength very well with much less overall demand on my body. I feel I still need to lift heavy things however.

As for the jeffersons, I can’t even say really. I have to use a narrow stance with this bar because it’s short and it still windmills a bit...
it’s at a slight angle like my legs are at 11 and 2 O’clock and the bar is at 12 if this makes sense.
Yea, I'd forgotten how short that bar is.

Friday

A1 Power Snatch 52 kgs x 2 x 6 sets
A2) Floor Press - 105 kgs x 3 x 5 sets (paused) and x 6 for finish set
B1) Chinups - 12 kgs x 8,6,6
B2) walking lunges -50 steps x 3

First time snatching in a while. Pretty sure my difficulties before were when I tried snatching with a false grip...dunno why. Habit from doing so with my clean and presses?
Floor presses are doing well, for hardly ever doing them. This reaffirms my belief that bodyweight training does well to keep my barbell strength. Used pauses today and got 6 for my last set which is good since my beat is 7 with this weight and I weigh much less now than I did then.

Easy work for chins and lunges.

Power Snatches

Floor Press Paused

Floor press RM

OAOLP practice

Friday

A1 Power Snatch 52 kgs x 2 x 6 sets
A2) Floor Press - 105 kgs x 3 x 5 sets (paused) and x 6 for finish set
B1) Chinups - 12 kgs x 8,6,6
B2) walking lunges -50 steps x 3

First time snatching in a while. Pretty sure my difficulties before were when I tried snatching with a false grip...dunno why. Habit from doing so with my clean and presses?
Floor presses are doing well, for hardly ever doing them. This reaffirms my belief that bodyweight training does well to keep my barbell strength. Used pauses today and got 6 for my last set which is good since my beat is 7 with this weight and I weigh much less now than I did then.

Easy work for chins and lunges.

Power Snatches

Floor Press Paused

Floor press RM

OAOLP practice

Great work!

Weekend (Trip to Lille). Took a few days off from the busy Paris to hang in chill Lille, greatest French Fries/beer in France and a huge park where we had a picnic with wine, charcuterie, cheese, bread, strawberries and veggies!

Monday
A1) High jump x 3,3,3
A2) Front Squat 52 kgs x 3,
105 kgs x 3,3,8 (PR)
A3) Workds greatest stretch
B) Press - 52 kgs x 3,3, 10
C1) Chinups x 10,10,10
C2) OAP (on knuckles) x 2,2,2

Decides to squat. But what squat? A fella dropped a 26 kgs plate on my foot today. It hurt pretty bad but it’s okay. I decided to front squat and go for a record, which I got! The warmup sets always feel hard and the mental prep for the top set always makes the difference.

Got a little stoked and wanted to PR on press as well but got 10. However, I lost the bar on the eccentric, and my base was lost. I have no doubt I had two more reps in me though. Odd how after pressing, my press muscles don’t really feel worked. Seems strange to me.

Sets of 10 on Chinups has become quite easy but I don’t think I should push the chins at the end. Sore lats really affect my training. It is exhausting to have this muscle group taxed. Did some OAP on knuckles just for fun. The ground is very soft so it really wasn’t that hardcore...

Front squat PR 105 kgs x 8
(It takes me a moment, or two, to mentally prepare)

Weekend (Trip to Lille). Took a few days off from the busy Paris to hang in chill Lille, greatest French Fries/beer in France and a huge park where we had a picnic with wine, charcuterie, cheese, bread, strawberries and veggies!

Monday
A1) High jump x 3,3,3
A2) Front Squat 52 kgs x 3,
105 kgs x 3,3,8 (PR)
A3) Workds greatest stretch
B) Press - 52 kgs x 3,3, 10
C1) Chinups x 10,10,10
C2) OAP (on knuckles) x 2,2,2

Decides to squat. But what squat? A fella dropped a 26 kgs plate on my foot today. It hurt pretty bad but it’s okay. I decided to front squat and go for a record, which I got! The warmup sets always feel hard and the mental prep for the top set always makes the difference.

Got a little stoked and wanted to PR on press as well but got 10. However, I lost the bar on the eccentric, and my base was lost. I have no doubt I had two more reps in me though. Odd how after pressing, my press muscles don’t really feel worked. Seems strange to me.

Sets of 10 on Chinups has become quite easy but I don’t think I should push the chins at the end. Sore lats really affect my training. It is exhausting to have this muscle group taxed. Did some OAP on knuckles just for fun. The ground is very soft so it really wasn’t that hardcore...

Front squat PR 105 kgs x 8
(It takes me a moment, or two, to mentally prepare)

Great work man!

Wednesday

A1) OAP practice
A2) OAC practice
B1) OHS- 26 kgs x 10L/10R x 4 sets
B2) Squats - 25 x 4 sets
C) various other practices/stretches

Pulled up to my usual park when Marie du Paris showed up and told us we couldn’t exercise...we could be in the park...but not train. We were dumbfounded. I moved today to the 7th, closet to school, The Eiffel Tower and Invalides. Back to the first park I trained at a year ago in Paris; no bar but no Marie du Paris..

OAP and OAC practice consists of various variations, starting with the hardest. For chins, the OA negatives, to finger assisted, to one arm hangs. For the OAP, I did a few OAOL negatives, regular reps and dead stop reps.

Quads and glutes were torched from front squats so they got some pump work. Went at a good pace. Also did some OAOL PUs with right hand on elevated objects. I think my 1rm is right about shin height for my right arm, so it’s getting there. Practices a dragon pistol today...which has a loooooong wats to go.

OAP work

Dragon pistol

Lowest OAOLPU height reached

Wednesday

A1) Weighted Chins-26 kgs x 3,3,3
A2) Handstand PU- x5,5,10
B1) Elevated RDLs - 52 kgs x 10 x 3 sets
B2) BW Rows x 20 x 3 sets

chins were too heavy today following OAC practice yesterday. I felt no fatigue, until I performed them then thought well should’ve varied these today. HSPU were fine, as were the others. Lower half still sore as heck fire.

Last edited:
Thursday

A1) Partial Dips - 52 kgs x 3 x 3 sets
A2) Bounds/Jump drills
B1) Double Plate Squat- 52 kgs x 2 x 3 sets
B2) Tuck Planche holds
C1) Farmers carries - 2 x 26 kgs (long walk)
C2) Diamond pushups x 10 x 2 sets

Dips became partials because the “dip station” is where people do this odd stepping thing and the plates hit the foot holders. No problem o guess, kind of like board presses for dips.

Did some jumping drills from my track days. My hammers were quite scorched from RDL’s yesterday. Still like to keep the legs greased.

Experimented with a new squat variation. Definitely the most upright squat I’ve found but also extremely taxing on the shoulders and anterior core. (Video below) between planche training, this was tough. Also, as you see below, it can be quite awkward to get in and out of these squats.

Farmers carried as my lats are still quite fatigued. When lats are fatigued, upper back work or loaded stretch like exercises serve best. Pushups kept easy. Did enough pressing today.

Partial Dips

Plate Squats

Back
Top Bottom