all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

10x10 squat jumps OMEM.
6 x 1 minute (with 1 minute rest), forward leopard crawling (loaded by dragging 10kg). Made difficult this evening as the lawn was damp, so really slow movements digging the feet/toes in hard.
20 minutes indian clubs.

Last edited:
11x10 squat jumps OMEM.
6 x 1 minute (with 1 minute rest), forward leopard crawling (loaded by dragging 11kg).
Still impressed how much my quads feel the loaded crawling.
Run out of time, so no indian club work today.

Hello, reduced my training (demanding job, less sleep) a lot. Two to three strength workouts à 20 minutes per week. The only functional movement from OS I kept are 2 minutes standing cross crawls as a warm up. So there are only a few minutes OS work per week left, but these I don’t want to give up, I think there is still a benefit .

Today 10 minutes of continuous super slow baby crawling. Getting pretty smooth at it, it’s much easier to stay relaxed now.
Hello, which benefits do you recognize from doing baby crawls for 5 to 10 minutes regularly? Do you have a plan for progressing? Have you any signs of of overdoing it? Are you doing something special for balancing these anterior loads out?

Hello, which benefits do you recognize from doing baby crawls for 5 to 10 minutes regularly? Do you have a plan for progressing? Have you any signs of of overdoing it? Are you doing something special for balancing these anterior loads out?
I have noticed improvements in body control and overall smoothness, and I can feel it in during nearly any movement. Generally the next day there is noticeable improvement. Also clear improvements in reflexive strength; any exercise requires less effort than before. However it’s tough to say exactly how much is because of crawling and how much because of other stuff. No signs of overdoing, quite the opposite - I feel like I could do much more. Key is to relax and breathe, avoid tensing up. I plan to progress to super slow leopard crawling. I am training calisthenics, running, and some rucking. You can find my training log on the forum, it’s called ”Reflexive Strength”.

Hello, still keeping my OS standing cross crawls to my regular minimal training. Even with a few minutes per week doing this reset I think I still benefit. It connects my upper body functional to my lower body and my abs are tighter.

After doing the leopard crawls for 10 minutes non stop for a while, I ask myself for the benefits. I think I gained crawling benefits by doing them for 5 minutes. More minutes were primarily a mental challenge. What’s your opinion about that. Are you doing the 10 minutes approach and progress then with weight or rubber bands or do you increase the weight earlier?

Hello, still keeping my OS standing cross crawls to my regular minimal training. Even with a few minutes per week doing this reset I think I still benefit. It connects my upper body functional to my lower body and my abs are tighter.

After doing the leopard crawls for 10 minutes non stop for a while, I ask myself for the benefits. I think I gained crawling benefits by doing them for 5 minutes. More minutes were primarily a mental challenge. What’s your opinion about that. Are you doing the 10 minutes approach and progress then with weight or rubber bands or do you increase the weight earlier?
I started at around 45 seconds crawling, 45 seconds rest for 5 sets. Progressed to 60 seconds on/off for 6 sets. Then found a youtube of Tim crawling with chains as a load which inspired me to try loading with dragging iron weights across the lawn. Last session was dragging 12 kg for 60 seconds, 60 seconds rest, repeated 8 times.
Keep in mind I was crawling as a strength movement, as an alternative to turkish get ups. Now after around 5 or 6 weeks I'm planning to switch back to another program, but will keep crawling on other days.
Results? Physically I can see some shape appeared in my quads that wasn't there before, and maybe my shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom