all posts post new thread

CRAWLING CLUB (group log for crawling practice!)

After work yesterday, 5x 50 seconds four point crawling forwards/backwards with 3 mins between sets. Had another play, this time by super setting the crawling with backwards walking dragging a load around our garden. Used 25 kg weight with a long loop of webbing I found in the shed around my waist. Only later found I ripped the lawn up in a few places, don't think my wife noticed. I could be in trouble!

Yesterday was my 5 minutes total crawling time day and my wrists seem to slowly get conditioned to the crawling. I did 5 sets of 1 min. I'll keep the 3-4-5 format this week and see if the light pain I get at the base of my left thumb further dissipates. Somewhat like @Walker my other training recently has been various forms of carries. My training these past weeks has been crawling, carrying and hanging from a fingerboard. I also go swimming with the family now that the weather is good and do some cycling.

Today's crawling, performed as warmup weight training:

5:30" non stop of leopard+twisting bear+three-point bridge

Doing different kinds of ground work at the end of each "set" or pace of leopard crawls sort of allows the body to "rest" the muscles being worked in the leopard crawl, so non-stop wasn't as hard.

The bulk of my training is now spent dead hanging and leopard crawling every day, to the point where I'll set aside 10-30 minutes to do nothing but hang and crawl. At the end of it, I feel as absolutely beat up as any other grueling workout I've ever done.

The crazy thing is... the next morning I wake up absolutely fresh, as though I didn't work out at all. Tim Anderson has talked about how crawling is a CNS reset and, for that reason, you can do it infinitely. I thought he was exaggerating until I experienced it myself.

Just thought I'd share.

Yesterday 20 rounds of goblet carries 35 seconds on / 25 seconds off.
Today 8 rounds of loepard crawls 90 seconds on / 60 seconds off,
later then with rest as needed : 3x 1 minute elevated rocking, 3x 1min prone leopard cross crawls, 3x 1 minute static leopard holds with neurogrips.

Today's crawling:
~5:50 of crawling medley
Lizard crawl (6/6)x3 paired with fast and loose mobility drills, **maybe 1-2 minutes between rounds of lizard**

Starting to get a feel for greater range of motion in the lizard crawl. Trying to decide how to progress it, though... Either extra rounds (maybe waving the load by manipulating volume like that) or less rest between rounds.

Another week, another increase in crawling time.
Todays workout:
Leopard crawl 5x1 minute , followed by walking backwards again dragging 25kg across the garden. Around one and a half minutes rest between sets.
All done whilst my wife watched tv and didn’t see be roughing up the lawn!

Some 100 steps of leopard crawling forwards today, split into 5-6 sets. Bit of mild elbow issues during crawling, have to address. Anyone have had similar issues?
My lateral elbows do not tolerante repetetive pressing movements. Since I take care for wrist mobility (mostly flexion), do some hangs or carries for actively loosening the connective joint structures I can crawl without elbow irritations. As I began crawling with bigger steps the hyperextension of the wrist of the rear arm caused some elbow trouble. Doing smaller steps and flexing the elevated front wrist helped a lot.

Yesterday 10 minutes goblet carries : 20 rounds with 30sec on, 30sec pause, followed by 10 minutes suitcase carries switched hands every 30 seconds.
Today 10x 1 minute prone leopard cross crawls and 5x 1 minute elevated rocking and 5 x 1 minute leopard crawling

Yesterday: Rest.
Today: Leopard crawling: accumulated 7minutes and 10seconds during a 10 minute EDT time block. A few hours later leopard prone crawls: accumulated 7minutes and 30 seconds during a 10 minute EDT time block.

Back
Top Bottom