all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Deadlifts with 523A & 524A for TSC

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Cody Rhinehart

Level 4 Valued Member
I'm going to be prepping for TSC and trying to figure a plan for this. How do I add deadlifts into a program that already has quite a bit of hinging .Thanks .

@Cody Rhinehart, I'm not sure this is the best place to ask your question. You may be better off asking in the TSC forum, or Training -> Other, which you can do as long as you don't discuss the details of the Strong Endurance plans.

Let me add that there are a number of excellent articles on our web site about training for the TSC. Google does a very good job of searching our forum - trying putting

Training for the TSC site:strongfirst.com

into the search box.

-S-

I already looked up those other articles. By putting it in another section, can I talk about the volume per day? That way people will understand?
@Cody Rhinehart, I'm not sure this is the best place to ask your question. You may be better off asking in the TSC forum, or Training -> Other, which you can do as long as you don't discuss the details of the Strong Endurance plans.

Let me add that there are a number of excellent articles on our web site about training for the TSC. Google does a very good job of searching our forum - trying putting

Training for the TSC site:strongfirst.com

into the search box.

-S-

I don't have my manual handy but it sound like whatever 523A and 524A are, they're taking up the bulk of your focus. The SE work I've been doing, and also teaching, is 033A and 044A and keeping the volume low, which seems to pretty easily accommodate having other training plans running at the same time.

Are the plans you're talking about in the manual? If so, I'll get my manual and look them up.

So, let's keep it here for now, and I will also try to get a few interested folks with experience and expertise to chime in on this thread as well.

OK?

-S-

Yes, it is in the manual. Its the snatching protocols. All the deadlifting protocols I've seen is really low volume and I need more volume on deadlifts than what is listed for these. The snatching volume on the programs already on the website is much lower than these SE protocols . If I could even talk about the daily or weekly volume from the SE protocols in the training group, I think that would be helpful .
I don't have my manual handy but it sound like whatever 523A and 524A are, they're taking up the bulk of your focus. The SE work I've been doing, and also teaching, is 033A and 044A and keeping the volume low, which seems to pretty easily accommodate having other training plans running at the same time.

Are the plans you're talking about in the manual? If so, I'll get my manual and look them up.

So, let's keep it here for now, and I will also try to get a few interested folks with experience and expertise to chime in on this thread as well.

OK?

-S-

I'm currently running SE 524 in conjunction with barbell front squats and, while it's not deadlifting obviously, have found that my squat volume definitely needs to be fairly low. Easy Strength is the sweet spot for running heavy barbell training alongside higher-volume ballistics.

@Cody Rhinehart, what @CMarker said. :)

If you look up the article here, by Derek Miller, on his Daily Dose Deadlift plan, you'll find in the the body of the article that he specifically designed to allow one to do other things and not train the DL more than necessary. Maybe it works for you, maybe not, but it's worth your time to read. It came to mind because the bulk of the program is pulling 5 singles @ 75% 1RM on 5 out of every 7 days.

Daily Dose Deadlift Plan | StrongFirst

I made a slight modification that worked for me - 6 singles done 4 out of every 7 days. It's about the same volume. It's a program that peaks, so you could give it a go and see how it works for you.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom