all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Geoff Neupert P3 protocol

Side plank, feet stacked, straight leg raise, like a star side plank for reps. Weak like a baby, more so on one side. Good to know what I didn't know
I’m the step just before the full side plank but yes, I too have a weaker side. Surprisingly it was the opposite side to the one I would have expected.

I can feel my core is already much stronger so I can’t wait to feel the full benefits over the course of the full P3.

Cheers

Ben

Last edited:
A bit of encouragement even for those who can’t find that 20 minute slot every day:

I’m getting through the levels now on phase one even while I’ve only been using one position the majority of the time each day as a warm up/meditation before I start work (which is also only a few days per week the last couple weeks).

Not recommended obviously, but don’t feel like you have to quit completely if you suddenly find your time to try and fit in P3, warm up, and a workout diminishing due to work or life getting busier.

Well this can't be good. My left arm doesn't comfortably rest on the floor in the side lying position. My right is better but I feel a stretch in what looks like should be a relaxed position. What does that mean? Excessively internally rotated shoulders?

Well this can't be good. My left arm doesn't comfortably rest on the floor in the side lying position. My right is better but I feel a stretch in what looks like should be a relaxed position. What does that mean? Excessively internally rotated shoulders?
"Excessively internally rotated shoulders?"

Most likely. And a symptom of the bigger picture. How's your overhead work?

"Excessively internally rotated shoulders?"

Most likely. And a symptom of the bigger picture. How's your overhead work?

The press seems OK. I have been working on thoratic mobility while trying to do the tactical pullup this year. My shoulders and neck can be a bit "crunchy" but lockout seems OK.

I have some difficulty with snatching with my left arm. It doesn't feel as well controlled and stable. I marked it down to lack of snatch experience and motor learning. I will do more band pullaparts for break from computer work this week and see if that helps. I might stop pressing for a bit and work on that. Pressing hasn't been my focus lately anyway.

I am sure I need to improve my breathing. P3 is addressing that.

UPDATE I just tried the jerk test in the RMF manual and I failed when the quarter squat was added. I did not buy the product to start the jerk soon anyway but to give me motivation to fix my posture and create a progression/cycle from Strong-Giant-Easy Muscle-RMF and an excuse to buy heavier double bells for Christmas!

Last edited:
I have a question how to proceed:

I am still spending some quality time in phase 2. The seated and the lunge positions still need some love. But the quadruped position feel stable and I have no problems with doing the reps.

How can I proceed?
I want to stay with the seated and lunge positions but I need a new position to replace the quadr. position. Go to the squat position?
@Geoff Neupert

I am still spending some quality time in phase 2. The seated and the lunge positions still need some love. But the quadruped position feel stable and I have no problems with doing the reps.

How can I proceed?
I want to stay with the seated and lunge positions but I need a new position to replace the quadr. position. Go to the squat position?
@Geoff Neupert
I know it’s off schedule but I’m also still working level 2 but started also adding level 1 squat. And it’s a great core workout.

How often are you doing the seated and lunge position?

If you’re doing them very often then I’d guess there’s no issue adding in a new position too.

But if you’re going to sacrifice some time you would’ve spent in the seated or lunge position to add in the squat position then I’d say that’s counter productive.

If you’re doing them very often then I’d guess there’s no issue adding in a new position too.

But if you’re going to sacrifice some time you would’ve spent in the seated or lunge position to add in the squat position then I’d say that’s counter productive.
Like I wrote it:
I stay with those two movements (every day) but I want to move ahead with the third movement. I use the P3 protocol 6 out of 7 days. Sometimes as warm up and sometimes before going to bed.

Like I wrote it:
I stay with those two movements (every day) but I want to move ahead with the third movement. I use the P3 protocol 6 out of 7 days. Sometimes as warm up and sometimes before going to bed.
Can’t imagine it would do any harm to add it in the rotation as the third movement in that case, along with supine, side lying and prone on maintenance mode.

Great video thanks Geoff. Looking forward to incorporating this technique.

One thing that I'm really loving about the protocol is all of the focus on breathing gives me a few more minutes a day of meditation practice. Just focusing and refocusing on the breath over and over at each position. Brilliant.
Thank you!!!! I have been practicing since September but never noted this one :/

my elbow got inflamed again after an excess use with Presses and pull-ups but going back to phase 1 especially side lying really was magical!!
I have few injuries in the right ankle that still make it quite stiff and have found no help with the SJS, what would you add ? What would you do to “grease” it?!?

How can I proceed?
@Geoff Neupert
Sorry for the late response. Yes, that can work.

Or, finish the Sitting and Lunge progressions and put the Quadruped on maintenance - just do it once per week, which is my preference.

The rule of thumb is: Finish the positions in each phase before moving to the next phase.

Will each position finish up exactly on time with the others? No.

Is that ok? Yes.

Remember, each phase is built from what you accomplish in the previous phase(s).

So that means if you "finish" one position, just put it on maintenance while you're finishing up the other positions in that phase.

And don't worry about "how long it takes" to finish a phase. We all bring different "mileage" to the table, which means we'll have different experiences in each phase, with each position. And that's ok.

Hopefully this makes sense.

my elbow got inflamed again after an excess use with Presses and pull-ups but going back to phase 1 especially side lying really was magical!!
Excellent to hear!
I have few injuries in the right ankle that still make it quite stiff and have found no help with the SJS, what would you add ? What would you do to “grease” it?!?
You'll most likely have to wait until Phase 3. You can get some ROM back in Phase 2, Seated (Z-sit), Quadruped, Lunge positions.

Hope this helps.

I'm actually doing Manly Mobility so I'm not sure if what I'm doing is the same as what other folks are doing.

Anyway, my neck starts feeling sore when I get to around the 15 rep range in side-side rotations. Is this just tension that will eventually go away, or is it I just lack neck muscle endurance?

I've been doing one set of dead bugs to close out the Supine position, another set after the egg rolls, and another set after the half rolls, to get in 30 total dead bugs. I started doing that after I re-read the PDF and realized it says work up to 4 sets of 25, while I'd been doing only one set of dead bugs for the entire session. Would it be better if I did all my dead bug sets as part of Supine before moving to Side Lying?

Not gonna lie with work getting busy for me and the holidays as well as my time being spent on the giant x2 I have been neglecting my P3 movements but coming back on here is getting me motivated to get back into it… Still been doing some of the movements especially the lunge and the first seated position as my daily warm-up but I simply don’t have time lately to do a full P3 before my workout and then still beat traffic lol

Last edited:
Anyone else find the side lying much harder than prone/supine. I’m now “completed” the latter two but struggling with side lying!

I like the fact I am because it means there’s something there to focus on improving which hopefully should lead to carryover outside of P3.

But also just curious if others find similar positions most difficult or if it’s just me on this one

Anyone else find the side lying much harder than prone/supine. I’m now “completed” the latter two but struggling with side lying!

I like the fact I am because it means there’s something there to focus on improving which hopefully should lead to carryover outside of P3.

But also just curious if others find similar positions most difficult or if it’s just me on this one
Hi,

what exactly do you find difficult in the side lying? Is it the position? The head movement? Rolls? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom