all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Homegym, how many in your collection

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
1×16kg, 24kg, 32kg and 40kg. All Wolverson Black series. Decent, no-frills bells although the handle on the 40kg is huge and regular get-ups used to pulverise my wrist.

I reckon I could do everything I need to with just the 24kg (presses, snatches) and the 32kg (swings, cleans, get-ups).

Sorry, if I am late to the party. 1x10#, 1x15#, 1x20#,1x25#, 1x14kg comp bell, 2x16kg comp bell, 2x20kg comp bell, 2x24kg comp bell, 1x24kg Russian bell, 2x28kg Russian bell, 3x32kg comp bell (why 3, see below), 1x36kg Russian bell, 1x40kg Russian bell. Built a Bulgarian core blaster=works great for heavy two hand swings loaded with BB plates. Why 3 x 32kg? Well, I ordered a 32kg bell a few years ago in pursuit of Simple. A couple of years go by and I want to start some DKB complexes with 32's, so I order one from an online source with a 20% off coupon and no shipping:) Well, I wait 7 days, then 10 days, then 14 days... I start tracking my shipment and it tells me that the shipment was last seen in a warehouse 15 miles from my home. So, I call UPS and the company from which I purchased the bell. UPS does an "investigation." The company determines it's UPS's fault and they ship me another bell. I get it approximately 4 weeks after my order. No big deal, double 32's aren't exactly the kind of work that makes you think ,"What will I do until then?" All the while that I am waiting, I can't help but imagine this 70#KB is just sitting on the floor somewhere, like a door stop, box all in shambles from being dragged about the delivery route, and no UPS dude or dude-ette wants to deliver that kind of weight, so, f@#k-it let it sit there. Well, almost exactly 2 months after the original order and 1 month after the arrival of the new bell, what awaits me on my step when I get home from work? That shambles of a box, almost looked like tornado aftermath, patched together with packing tape and plastic bag, the styro- foam almost completely disintegrated, but there, alas, the original one had appeared. Thus, I have 3x32kg bells. Sorry, for the long response.

It can be amazing how KBs multiply...(all in KGs)
8, 12, 16, 20, 24 (x 5), 28, 32 x 2, 36, 40, 44, 48, 56
I think that's it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom