all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Homegym, how many in your collection

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I think you meant:
"I'm growing stronger with one KB, so don't need doubles yet."
I worked with doubles before, but I have to say that enjoy simplicity of these single kettlebell sessions. I think that is the major reason why kettlebells are so popular.
I think that single 24kg kettlebell is optimal for almost any male who just want to enjoy strenght, conditioning and health benefits of kettlebells. It's great weight. Lighter is too light and heaviers can get you injured.
It's safe to use heavier if technique is ok, but 24kg can really make the difference in many ways. If I had to choose only one, it would be 24. :)

I worked with doubles before, but I have to say that enjoy simplicity of these single kettlebell sessions. I think that is the major reason why kettlebells are so popular.
I think that single 24kg kettlebell is optimal for almost any male who just want to enjoy strenght, conditioning and health benefits of kettlebells. It's great weight. Lighter is too light and heaviers can get you injured.
It's safe to use heavier if technique is ok, but 24kg can really make the difference in many ways. If I had to choose only one, it would be 24. :)
If one could press 24kg 20 times each arm, pass the 5min snatch test and practised get ups with it. He would be pretty fit guy overall. Very realistic goals for everybody and lots of benefits. Only bell that is needed to achieve that is 24kg and maybe one lighter if that bell would be too heavy at first. :)
Doubles are great, but you can achieve much with single too. :)

I wouldn't want to be stranded on an island with only one kettlebell. However, one bell only would still probably suit 90% of my workouts. I'd still choose 32kg instead of the 24kg.

On an interesting sidenote, I have an anecdote about my own training. When I first started kettlebell training, I got a 16kg kettlebell because my friend advised so. I was well built but I hadn't really trained. I had the bell for a month or two and my enthusiasm persuaded me to get a new kettlebell. I decided that the optimal bell size would be decided by my military press. I went into the shop, lifted up a 28kg and pressed it, and bought it. Afterwards, before I got my 40kg and 32kg kettlebells, I did most of my lifting on my 24kg and sometimes on an 28kg, that is that I had nothing heavier ever on my hands. When the new bells arrived, I could press the 40kg for reps. So, in my experience, when the total volume and the performance standards are good enough, very nice progress can be made even with lighter kettlebells.

Bumping this.

I have 16kg (for wife), 20kg (pair), 24kg (pair) 28kg, 32kg.

Currently have 5lb plates duct taped to the 24s, which makes them a little over 26.

Also have a barbell, half rack, bench, Concept rower I never use, homemade mace, grippers, Sidewinder wrist roller, T-bar kettlebell that weighs 115lbs and probably a few other doodads that I’m forgetting.

Going to be moving to an expensive city and downsizing houses. Depending on whether I have a garage, I may sell the rack and rower. I’ll keep the barbell for deadlifts.

Next purchase will be a either 40kg or I will pair the 28 or 32.

Last edited:
Nice post!
-I have a 12kg, 16kg, 20kg, 24kg, 28kg, 32kg (36kg should be here tomorrow) 40kg, 48kg. so enough that when I move my friends tend to busy that day.
-Doorway pull up bar,
-DIY 4kg weight that can be strapped to any kettlebell so I can practice doubles and a DIY Farmers handle to hook up multiple bells and walk around.
I did the math and with the average Gym costing 50 bucks a month ive saved around $1360 - $1500 over the past 4 years. so I consider it a smart investment. Plus my gym has way more relaxed dress code.

25 lb.
35 lb.
45 lb.
55 lb.
100 lb.

I got the 100 lb. for carries and then busted up my foot. So I guess I didn't really need it.

Single 12,16,20,24,28,32,40

Barbell and pull-up bar.

I debate adding doubles, or a heavier bell but the current setup serves us well.

I have singles of 16, 20, 24, 28 and 32. I have in mind a device to attach 4kg to them, so that would make doubles from 20 to 32. Patent pending.

I'm not planning on buying above 32 because the only exercises I can do with such a weight are swings and TGU, and for those I can easily attach weight to my 32 because the bell doesn't flip.

By the time I become strong enough to snatch and press a 40 for volume, I'll buy one with a smile on my face.

I have a single 8 and 12, and 40, and pairs of 16s, 24s and 32s.

Annoyingly, the 40 is enamel coated and the handle got chipped rolling around the metal tray of a utility (not my doing) so it's slightly awkward to use without carving up my hand. At some point in the future, I'd like to get rid of the chipped one and get a matching pair of powder-coated 40s. A 48 is definitely next cab off the rank though, assuming I can get by without a 44 on the way up.

As far as my other gear goes, I have a barbell, two pairs of adjustable dumbbells, a power cage (with lat pulldown/cable row) and assorted bits and pieces for pullups, dips, and the rest.

I feel like my collection is about as fit for purpose as I could ever hope for, except I have no garage or space in the house so my set-up lives under a tarpaulin out in the tiny yard. Hopefully I'll have room for a shed ONE day...

double 20, double 25, single 30, single 33! and single 36
i'm so tired with the suppliment in here, i asked them for the 40 and they shipped me the 36 (?!) - i still had to pay for 4 kg "extra", and when i bought another 30, turned out it was 33 kg, eventhough the handle has 30 kg in characters.
the thick of the handle is different as well. my 30 is thinest, the thickes is 33.
i use mostly 25 (s)

As a personal trainer I have this at home:

Bells: 8, 12, 16, 20, 20, 24, 24, 28, 28, 32, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48 (Rogue, still really happy with these!)
Also a pull up rack on the wall, an abwheel, a TRX, mobility stuff.

And in our facility:
4 x 4; 6 x 8, 12, 16, 20, 24; 2x 28, 32, 36, 40; and a 44 & 48, all competition style.
6 Power racks with enough barbells and weights

Edit: I'm planning to add everything untill I have all the pairs at home *blush*

I have a 16, 20, 24, 28, and two 32s. I had to buy a second 32 because the first one’s handle was so thick that it was difficult to use. I bought an Ader and it’s much better.

Oh, and my first kettlebell was a piece of junk called a Weider Powerbell, which had plates that allowed me to adjust the weight from 5 lbs to an amazing 20. I had no clue; I realized after one session that I had just wasted about $90.

I have a 8kg, 12kg, 16kg, pair of 20kg and a pair of 24kg. All of mediocre quality, but the best (and only) type that I could get in country.

Would love to get better quality and heavier bells, but won’t see that happen until we move to Europe for a more permanent situation. Currently living in South Lebanon due to the job of my wife, so hoping for a job opportunity elsewhere, or the lottery to help us move ;)

Presently I have: 1x 8, 12, 16, 20, 32, 40 and 2x 24. If I get any more it will most likely be a 44 and another 32.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom