all posts post new thread

Keep moving

Excellent work!

Rotating in mace with snatches gives a little extra time for HR to come down for sure. Running you can plug in on any day, personally I don't like to do any resistance work after running, I don't have a problem with running soon after it though.
I used to do running after resistance work, but these days I change it up. Also a bit of "functional" training (to use a buzz word) for work. (Eg run after someone before caching him : D )

I used to do running after resistance work, but these days I change it up. Also a bit of "functional" training (to use a buzz word) for work. (Eg run after someone before caching him : D )
Haha yes, sounds a lot like police work ?‍♂️

Kind of leg PT. Added some work for the legs as my knee starts geving some problem again. Did work, just hope I will be ae to walk tomorrow

5 ROUNDS OF:
10 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg kb)
- 400 m run
20/20 lunges
- 200 m. jogging
20 squats
- 200 m. walk

That sounds brutal. Nice work!

Also, I like how you're still working with the 15:15 protocol. Like many others, I first tried it when the book came out, and ran into a wall pretty quickly. Even though I was 18 at the time, it drove me into the ground and I forgot about it after. The 15:15 itself works great, but doing it for 40 minutes is just not sustainable. I never considered reducing the volume and the frequency.

Also, I like how you're still working with the 15:15 protocol. Like many others, I first tried it when the book came out, and ran into a wall pretty quickly. Even though I was 18 at the time, it drove me into the ground and I forgot about it after. The 15:15 itself works great, but doing it for 40 minutes is just not sustainable. I never considered reducing the volume and the frequency.
Most I did was 50 sets nonstop. Never went to 80 sets. Although I did 6 rounds of sets of 10 combined with running. So that was 60 sets.

I like to combine the vwc protocol with running. It does work. 2 years ago on vacation in Germany I walked a lot steep hills and was never out of breath.

Of course doing all these sets is also mental training. But I just like simple routines, so I need not to think. I get bored with 1000 exercise routines.

Lately I am more focussing on the 5 reps per minute, but as I have a Black and painfull spot in my left palm (no idea what it is/ caused it) decided to use the 16 kg kb again.

I may have asked this before, but do y’all wear chest straps or watches? I can’t imaging wearing my watch cleaning or snatching. I’ve essentially given up hr during training outside of running.

I may have asked this before, but do y’all wear chest straps or watches? I can’t imaging wearing my watch cleaning or snatching. I’ve essentially given up hr during training outside of running.
I use a chest strap. When doing kb work, my Phone is on the ground or I use the polar app on my Phone. When running, I still use the chest strap, but I weer my watch so I can see distance etc, I also use the timer on the watch when running.

Forgot to write down this morning's workout.

4 ROUNDS OF:
- 6/6 shield casts (12 kg clubbell)
- ladder 1-2-3 press (24 kg kb)
20 x 5 snatch (22 kg kb)

(First 4 or 6 rounds I used the 24 kg kb for the snstches, but it started hurting again in my left palm. So grabbed the 22 kg kb instead, turned out to be a good and smart idea.

I hit the wall doing VWC when the weather heated up, before that it wasn't too bad.. of course accumulation of fatigue was happening, I just didn't feel it until it floored me. Once a week would be sustainable but I don't like the hurry hurry aspect of it.. that just got old.

VWC helped me greatly in rehabbing my shoulder, that's why I did it and it worked pretty well.

I hit the wall doing VWC when the weather heated up, before that it wasn't too bad.. of course accumulation of fatigue was happening, I just didn't feel it until it floored me. Once a week would be sustainable but I don't like the hurry hurry aspect of it.. that just got old.

VWC helped me greatly in rehabbing my shoulder, that's why I did it and it worked pretty well.
I agree on the hurry aspect. I stay on the 7 reps, occasionally some 8 reps. No need tp push the pedal for 9 reps in my opinion.

Starting to enjoy the 5 reps protocol or like today's 10 rep. I will still do vwc , but not every workout anymore. Might return to it, but for now it is more the a+a with 5 or 10 reps. Still like the snatch workouts. Only change the protocols I use once in a while.

Starting to enjoy the 5 reps protocol or like today's 10 rep. I will still do vwc , but not every workout anymore. Might return to it, but for now it is more the a+a with 5 or 10 reps. Still like the snatch workouts. Only change the protocols I use once in a while.
For sure, the A+A or Q&D are really good and don't drive you crazy.

Had this routine longer on my mind to do.

5 ROUNDS OF:
- 5/5 mace 360's
- 4 x 5 snatch (22 kg kb)
- 5/5 mace 360's
- 4 x 5 pushups

total:
- 100 (50/50) mace 360's
- 100 (50/50) KB snatch
- 100 pushups
Are you doing these on the minute or resting as needed? Last session I just waited for the breath to settle a bit. Doing that I keep HR lower and recovery is better.

Are you doing these on the minute or resting as needed? Last session I just waited for the breath to settle a bit. Doing that I keep HR lower and recovery is better.
The snayches and pushups every 30 secs, the mace was 1 minute (with remaining time some rest)

Back
Top Bottom